Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Really. Sub-frame connectors.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    My kind of freebies...

Sweet. Turn around and sell it back to the scrap yard for some monies.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well yesterday I took the final exam for my last class needed for my AAS degree.
    I had a course average of 102.33 going into the final. If I didn't take the final, I would have made an 81 in the class. I would have had to make a -57 on the test to fail the class. Still studied for 2 days and feel I made an A on the final. Grades due by Friday, should be an A.
    So glad to be done with this. I started taking classes there in 1998 w/ getting my A&P in mind. Got my A and most of my P. Switched paths in 2009 after taking 9 years off (left the service and got into telecomm - never looked back at the aviation industry). I was laid-off in 2009 and had some free time to go back and switched from Aviation Maint Technology to Aviation Maint & Electronics Technology. It fit my current post military work history better. Pecked away 1 and 2 classes per semester over the last few years. Sometimes taking nothing or dropping for new job reasons. Dropped once because the class was over my head. That alone set me back a year (drop = wasted semester, remedial class to get up to speed = semester that didn't count towards degree or GPA, then retake original class).
    So, I finished a AAS that took me 16 years to complete. Not proud of that at all. This will not get me anywhere job wise as I have 10 times the work experience than what an AAS is worth.

Hope to be able to put more time into CMC going forward. Still have 2 kids playing softball all year plus basketball as well. Still have that frickin bathroom shower to finish too.

No real point to my post, just wanted to share.
    Last edited by GlennCMC70; 05-13-2015 at 06:53 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    Well yesterday I took the final exam for my last class needed for my AAS degree.
    I had a course average of 102.33 going into the final. If I didn't take the final, I would have made an 81 in the class. I would have had to make a -57 on the test to fail the class. Still studied for 2 days and feel I made an A on the final. Grades due by Friday, should be an A.
    So glad to be done with this. I started taking classes there in 1998 w/ getting my A&P in mind. Got my A and most of my P. Switched paths in 2009 after taking 9 years off (left the service and got into telecomm - never looked back at the aviation industry). I was laid-off in 2009 and had some free time to go back and switched from Aviation Maint Technology to Aviation Maint & Electronics Technology. It fit my current post military work history better. Pecked away 1 and 2 classes per semester over the last few years. Sometimes taking nothing or dropping for new job reasons. Dropped once because the class was over my head. That alone set me back a year (drop = wasted semester, remedial class to get up to speed = semester that didn't count towards degree or GPA, then retake original class).
    So, I finished a AAS that took me 16 years to complete. Not proud of that at all. This will not get me anywhere job wise as I have 10 times the work experience than what an AAS is worth.

Hope to be able to put more time into CMC going forward. Still have 2 kids playing softball all year plus basketball as well. Still have that frickin bathroom shower to finish too.

No real point to my post, just wanted to share.
    Awesome that you stuck with it. Great job, regardless of the time it took.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Way to go Glenn! I went back and finished my degree in 99 when I was between careers after bouncing back an forth over the years between work and school, I think it only took me 13 years and 11 months. I studied a year in electronics starting out then went to work and learned a lot more along the way in a medical equipment field. I was involved in aviation most of the time and did some avionics installations later on for the cargo airline I was working for because I was tired of flying POS avionics. I wasn't even in the same league as the navy radar techs I was working with in the medical field, but what I learned over the years made the transition to aviation electronics easy. There is a huge backlog for avionics installations right now and ADSB is mandatory in 2020, so if you get in a pinch, I am pretty sure you would get a bite as soon as you dip your hook in the avionics arena. They will take your shoes and chain you to the stove once they figure out what they have in you though....... :-)

Dennis

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I did bench level comm/nav repair for almost 10 years in the service.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Avionics backshop? Don't kick yourself, I pursued an ME degree prior to joining the service. I've done some remedial work to get somewhat back up to speed and still tell myself that someday I'll finish. My span will exceed 16 years and I'll be damn glad when I finish.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Awesome job Glenn. Great accomplishment.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Thanks for posting that Glenn, very inspirational. I would love to go back to school and get a degree.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Grass-Passer cobra132's Avatar
    Excellent, that's a lot of work.