Page 259 of 308 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    No real point to my post, just wanted to share.
    There is a real point: you set a personal goal that was important to you and you persevered.

The completion of a worthwhile, and difficult journey serves not only as a testament to your convictions but further serves as an example to your friends and family that it's not always a short and easy path.

Well done.

And for each of use, what's next?
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    And for each of us, what's next?
    My wife is going back this summer to convert her ADN to a BSN and should be done by next spring. Once that's done, I will go back in the Fall (2016) to get my MBA and then I'm going to be done. Then we get a break until 2021 until my oldest heads off to college.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    Well yesterday I took the final exam for my last class needed for my AAS degree.
    I had a course average of 102.33 going into the final. If I didn't take the final, I would have made an 81 in the class. I would have had to make a -57 on the test to fail the class. Still studied for 2 days and feel I made an A on the final. Grades due by Friday, should be an A.
    So glad to be done with this. I started taking classes there in 1998 w/ getting my A&P in mind. Got my A and most of my P. Switched paths in 2009 after taking 9 years off (left the service and got into telecomm - never looked back at the aviation industry). I was laid-off in 2009 and had some free time to go back and switched from Aviation Maint Technology to Aviation Maint & Electronics Technology. It fit my current post military work history better. Pecked away 1 and 2 classes per semester over the last few years. Sometimes taking nothing or dropping for new job reasons. Dropped once because the class was over my head. That alone set me back a year (drop = wasted semester, remedial class to get up to speed = semester that didn't count towards degree or GPA, then retake original class).
    So, I finished a AAS that took me 16 years to complete. Not proud of that at all. This will not get me anywhere job wise as I have 10 times the work experience than what an AAS is worth.

Hope to be able to put more time into CMC going forward. Still have 2 kids playing softball all year plus basketball as well. Still have that frickin bathroom shower to finish too.

No real point to my post, just wanted to share.
    Congrats Glenn, and we are proud of you.
    did you ever finish that deal with that man about a horse?
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rleng1 View Post
    Congrats Glenn, and we are proud of you.
    did you ever finish that deal with that man about a horse?

LOL I just about fell out of my chair.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Man that was some funny shit.
    Worth telling again for the new guys.

So I'm sitting at the dinner table w/ whole family and in-laws. As I get up, I comment that I need to go talk to a man about a horse. As I return to the table from where I had been (bathroom for you non-country types), my youngest asks when will the horse get here............. I thought my father-in-law was gonna fall over dead laughing.

That reminds me about another one.......
    I rush into the house coming home from work. Wife and kids here as well. Wife asks what the big hurry is and I say "Gotta drop the kids off at the pool!"
    Couple minutes later my wife is laughing her ass off. I walk out all done w/ my business and see what is so funny. Both my kids in swim suits ready to go swimming.

I'm finally becoming a rental property magnate.

Bought a house in College Station for the boy to live in when he starts up there in the fall. I've known the parents of one of the roommates since 3rd and 9th grade.

Get to try out all the home decorating projects my wife wants done on them.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    If its anything like the houses my buddies rented in College station, expect to find car parts embedded in the grass, oil stains in the garage and drive way, tires in the attic, and probably a stripped shell in the backyard after he finishes his undergrad in 6-7 years.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I thought they would close College Station when TWS is gone. I doubt I will ever have a reason to go back.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I thought they would close College Station when TWS is gone. I doubt I will ever have a reason to go back.

JJ
    Now we do... party at Dave's house...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Bought a house in College Station for the boy to live in when he starts up there in the fall....
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    If its anything like the houses my buddies rented in College station, expect to find car parts embedded in the grass, oil stains in the garage and drive way, tires in the attic, and probably a stripped shell in the backyard after he finishes his undergrad in 6-7 years.
    I think there is a full body kit for something JDM in the attic. Garage and drive are really pretty clean. The LS truck hot-rodders live across the street. One of the guys has already asked about dropping a 230 plug into the garage for a welder.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!