Page 271 of 308 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    What do you guys do for tanks? Buy your own and refill, or pony up for the big ones you exchange all the time?
    Pranav, what are you up to mate? Do you mean gas cylinders for the welder, propane for the house or air for scuba? Which ever it is, Buy one mate, make it big, you might need it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Alright, I got a local deal for a 244 cf tank for $300 filled. Should I go for it?

Alright, I got a local deal for a 244 cf tank for $300 filled. Should I go for it?
    I think you are better off to own the bottle. Full size (can't remember the letter designation) is best.

What do you guys do for tanks? Buy your own and refill, or pony up for the big ones you exchange all the time?
    I bought bottles for 75/25 and pure argon. To be honest though, it's a bit of a PITA. I have to take them to the welding supply store for exchange, and they're never open late at night or Sunday when I seem to run out. Renting or exchanging from Home Depot would be much easier.
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Just do exhaust first.
    Or roll cage... I haven't wished for a bigger welder; yet.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Dulaney View Post
    I bought bottles for 75/25 and pure argon. To be honest though, it's a bit of a PITA. I have to take them to the welding supply store for exchange, and they're never open late at night or Sunday when I seem to run out. Renting or exchanging from Home Depot would be much easier.
    Same here, a big 75/25 and argon bottle, I take the empty to Airco and they give me a full one. Getting a re-fill is a pita. My experience with small bottles is that they only run out after 5pm or on Sunday. My technique is to hang my hood on the gas bottle and close the valve. Forgetting to close the valve on a full large bottle is a lesson you will generally learn the first time :-)

Blog Entries
    Just picked up a big old bottle of 75/25. Sparks will be flying this christmas weekend!

Senior Member Grass-Passer Casey_SS's Avatar
    Similar story here. I bought a medium (#4) 75/25 bottle from the Tractor Supply near my house and have emptied and exchanged it 3 times in a little over 2 years. I did lose ~1000psi once from forgetting to close the valve but the rest was actual welding. However, if I had it to do over again, I would rent or lease a bottle from a local welding supply company that does free home delivery. I stumbled across one recently and for what I've used so far, I'd be a few hundred bucks ahead and wouldn't have to stand in line and fill out a bunch of paperwork every 7-9 months. Might lose the option for an after hours / weekend refill but that's not a new problem and there are plenty of ways to solve it...
    2012 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #29

I use praxair at home depot, first filled bottle was ~$250, exchanges are ~$35 for 75/25.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Found Dustin's how to vids on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2hU...ature=youtu.be
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!