Page 273 of 308 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    How much are you going to preload, .002?

Junkyard motor is together, hopefully it goes in the car next week. I hammered my oil pan to get it as close as possible and laid gratuitous amounts of RTV to seal the gaps :-/
    I used my old heads from the blown up motor, replaced 6 or so valves out of some other heads I had laying around.
    Ghetto Fabulous
    Glad to see you're going to be able to wait until the final clarification before spending $ on a new motor. Daniel (bought Wade's car then blew it up on his first day out) went ahead and got a new motor put together with a normal crank.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Too ghetto to fail! That thing's going to run like a raped ape. I'be done 2 ghetto builds, 1 was on a 5.0 builder I got for $50. Had 7 slugs in the hole and the guy gave me 2 more with rods and no rings which I was able to source from a other junkyard motor and dropped it in. Bearings were also mixed and matched from said junkyard engine. I dremeled the rust off the valves and seats, slapped it together with a random oil pump and it never smoked or burned oil. Had a GT40P top end, HO cam, Cobra rockers, and shorty headers. Full up CMC motor, ended up getting some money for it when I junked the car.
    LOL I hope so, do you happen to have the dyno graph for that motor?? I would love to see it, basically the same as my junk but with the HO Cam.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    My engine/trains are in the car, exhaust up. Just need trans fluid and put in the alternator/radiator and install the upper intake.

Maybe 3 hours until vroom vroom... Most likely will be Thursday. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I need a way to get on HHR (Corey) or COTA (way too high) or even TWS for a few laps. I do not want to load up the RV and all the race crap to find out something is still wrong.

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I need a way to get on HHR (Corey) or COTA (way too high) or even TWS for a few laps. I do not want to load up the RV and all the race crap to find out something is still wrong.

JJ
    Im going to beat mine on the county roads around my house and beg for mercy if i get busted.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post

JJ
    Jerry, do what I always do, rent a dyno for an hour and just beat on it while having them watch the AFR. Well worth the money and you get to stand next to the car and listen/watch everything. Around here it's $100, I'm sure there are a few options around Austin...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Jerry, do what I always do, rent a dyno for an hour and just beat on it while having them watch the AFR. Well worth the money and you get to stand next to the car and listen/watch everything. Around here it's $100, I'm sure there are a few options around Austin...
    Not a bad idea....I need a dyno anyway but there is not one NASA will accept in my area that will do pulls on Sat.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    That is my plan. I'm having mine retuned anyway, so will use the "warm up" time to just run it up/down for 20-30 minutes.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    That method did not work to break in my motor last year and I had to go back for a 2nd dyno (actually 3rd since I discovered I'd spun a bearing on the first go).

Mach1 that 5.0 was never dyno'd as it was in a street car.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Unless its a dyno dynamics load dyno then it wont help or simulate anything. Track testing is best.
    “A man with no enemies is a man with no character.”
    ― Paul Newman