Page 283 of 308 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Grass-Passer Hood's Avatar
    Well it's been a while since I've participated in a NASA event and I was determined to make it to the last TWS race. All I needed to do was change the oil...or so I thought. After putting the car on the lift I saw that the oil filter had a drip down the side. After an extensive investigation and a cooler adapter change I discovered that the filter adapter that is bolted to the block was split in half. Had to rob one off another engine that was on my stand but got it back together in time to leave for TWS Friday night. After changing the oil and loading it on the trailer, as I was tying the car down, I noticed oil dripping off the passenger side of the pan. Unload the car and re-rack it to find the source. After an hour of searching and finally using the 'blow talc onto the block to find the leak' method, I discover a pan stud that is pouring oil from under the nut. Apparently the flange nut was only touching the fillet on the pan and not clamping the rail tight enough to seal (I've already been through two track days and 3 races before and this never leaked). So I cut down a washer to fit the pan rail and re-installed the nut with silicone. After an hour to dry I started the engine to verify the leak was gone. After letting the car down I reach inside to kill the master and nothing happens. Engine is still running. CRAP!!! It seems that when I installed the new alternator I used a single wire type to replace the multi wire type and it has to be wired to the battery side of the switch and not the bus side. It is now 8 am Saturday morning and I haven't slept since Thursday night. So I decide that since I've missed the morning session that I will take a nap and try to get to TWS by the afternoon for tech and race on Sunday. Wound up sleeping until 8 pm but that was ok as I could tech in the morning still. Forgot to mention that earlier Friday I replaced the U-joints in the truck. Well I didn't get to really drive it until Sunday morning. As I was headed out to breakfast, I notice a massive high frequency vibration that had not been there before. In my haste I had inadvertently installed the rear driveshaft out of phase with the front shaft. Yes I marked it before I took it apart but didn't notice it going back together. So now I'm back on the lift with the truck on Sunday morning. At this point I figure there is something telling me to punt and go for the next race. Hopefully I'm in town for it. It sounds like you guys had fun though. Wish I could have been there. Mine was a valid excuse Pranav! Gotta move the zipper around to the front! ; )

Dave, I have two T56's (LS1 and LT1) that I need to go through. Can I pick your brain on parts acquisition and any tips/tricks you may have discovered?
    Gary Hood
    CMC #20
    OH WOW! Racing

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Dave, I have two T56's (LS1 and LT1) that I need to go through. Can I pick your brain on parts acquisition and any tips/tricks you may have discovered?
    Certainly. PM here (questions or get a number) or call if you have the number. My understanding is that the only difference is the front plate and input shaft.

You don't have to memorize this, read through it a couple of times and search and highlight "end play" and "preload."

TECH TIP - put the selector shaft into reverse when you're putting the main case back on.

http://www.dederichsmotorsports.com/.../T56manual.pdf
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Crazy story Gary
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
    Crazy story Gary
    Sounded like a David Love story. Sorry David. Sorry Gary.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    T56 class "How to drive in 4 gear."
    I'm not sure the 4th gear race is the best Idea. Dave's spare transmission that he was kind enough to lend to us started not wanting to go into 4th gear at all before it locked in 3rd gear. Maybe a race with some kind of a lottery system where the gear you are stuck with is a game of chance...

Richard P.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardP
    // words // ...transmission... // words //
    Still not funny

But interested in what's inside...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Still not funny

But interested in what's inside...
    Sweet, you're going to be an expert by June.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Had both cars looked at for hail damage..
    $2,000 for the Explorer
    $3,400 for the Acura

Yea!!
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    Had both cars looked at for hail damage..
    $2,000 for the Explorer
    $3,400 for the Acura

Yea!!
    Thanks for running up my car insurance...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Sweet, you're going to be an expert by June.
    Box made it all weekend with nary a peep or stuck gear or nuthin'

What was crazy was that several people tracked us down to ask about T56s... "Uh... I have this LS/T56 combo in my car... it's stuck in 4th..."
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!