Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    I had plenty of that yesterday too.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    I got my TX CMC fix after all, or was it more of a teaser? John Martin won R1 with an entire CMC field on RRs in the rain. Craig crossed the finish line backwards. Sketchy is an understatement. I had the pole and quickly fell back to 5th and eventually claimed 3rd due to attrition. Team Incidental Contact went from DFL to first and handed it over on the last lap when he locked going into T4. Lots of cars went off went off that race. My car did better there in the April snow wearing RA1s but the rain didn't start until we were sitting ducks on grid so so much for that. Race 2 was the end for Barney, he tried pulling over but Craig was there. Basically what Pranav did at Hallett except there was a wall waiting to claim the car. Driver is OK, but the car is done. From there Ken led the whole race. I just couldn't get by him and Craig was up my ass for a bit too, those first few laps were fun. Fast forward to Sunday and all of a sudden the whole field is picking up entire seconds. I got pole again and decided to fuck that up again. I had a good start, but Ken apparently has AWD because he destroyed everyone, motored me, and took the lead into T1. I tried passing on the outside but no go. When I went to tuck in behind Ken, I couldn't find Craig so I hesitated. Turns out he was in my blind spot and then followed Ken through. At T9 Ken dropped 2 and Craig pulled alongside entering T10. Sweet! I ducked back a smidge and took 10 at full speed and cruised past Craig, but wasn't enough to take out Ken. I had to wait another lap where he bobbled leaving 10 and I was able to pick him off at the end of the straight and eventually check out. R4 was an all race group run and rain was threatening the whole time. It dripped a little throughout the race and finally got sketchy on the last lap. Perfect timing because the weather cooled off and we put down some good times. I had a 1:44.4 and Craig a 1:44.5. Craig was definitely a concern of mine entering this weekend, he's fast as Hell and I definitely wanted to defend our home turf. The margin was insignificant and it really was the racing gods that saved me as Craig seems to get tractor beamed off of T7 which is just a bitch of a corner. He picked up a lot of time and will definitely be an issue next year. I do believe John went a full second faster than last year as well but I wasn't tracking on his action outside of R1. It sounded like the TX cars were down on power this year with just a jet change, odd because I know John's car had no issues last year. It was hotter last year, so I wonder if the EFI cars were pulling timing with hot crap air and elevated coolant temps? I'll see if Pueblo has a decent dyno for you guys, if not I'd recommend RMCR (Rocky Mountain Competitive Research) as that's where a couple of us who live in Colorado Springs dyno, that way you know it's apples to apples. CO Springs is 1 hour north of Pueblo. Thanks for coming all, I hope to see you again next year. I'll cancel Italy for Hallett if that'll make us square.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    While enjoying the slowest day of work on this lovely July 4th I was surfing youtube and found this video from the Isle of Mann.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRg5Sp1iQMc
    Over a 17 minute lap and pretty crazy!!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    I got my TX CMC fix after all, or was it more of a teaser?
    Sounds like you guys had a great time. I've told my family I'm putting it on the calendar for next year. Get a thread started with some pics/vids for us staycation slackers.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    While enjoying the slowest day of work on this lovely July 4th I was surfing youtube and found this video from the Isle of Mann.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRg5Sp1iQMc
    Over a 17 minute lap and pretty crazy!!!
    Holy Cow!!!!!!! That was crazy.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    I got my TX CMC fix after all, or was it more of a teaser? John Martin won R1 with an entire CMC field on RRs in the rain.
    Thanks for posting! I'd like to make it next year.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    I'm putting together vids now, killed the camera battery and forgot to charge it for Saturday's races.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    SC-What or who is Barney? So the car was totaled? Any pics of the damage?

That WRX video is so crazy. What really shocks me is where some of the fans are and how close they are. The speeds in town were amazing and the countryside views while cruising at 171 with the motor tached was awesome. I want my car to sound like that on decel.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    Pueblo went well in AI. The road trip was uneventful, and about 12-13 hours towing. Casey, Craig, John and I attended as well as Richie and Alan in GTS, Troy in TT1 and a few others in TT and SM.

Casey and Craig spent some time on Friday Test day to learn the track and come up to speed. John had to replace a radiator on Friday and fix a few alternator bracket bolts which sheered. John drove a great rain race on Saturday for a nice CMC win. Craig spent some time dealing with a blown strut and a few tire issues. A competitor brought down a spare for him to use, not the greatest situation, and his car was a bit off after that, but he got to race the weekend.

The rain race was interesting, as the front straight was the equivalent of a long ice patch. Wow, almost zero traction on that stretch with many cars looping it. The rest of the track except a few braking zones had decent grip, even on RRs. It started raining as we sat on grid...no one on rain tires.

AI had 5 cars for the first three races, and only Robert Ames ran race 4. I had loaded up to head back to Dallas after R3. The 5th gen Camaros of Joe and Perry looked great and are coming up to speed nicely. That was great to see, and they should be very competitive after some sorting. Casey had some overheating and brake issues which were bizarre - we couldn't track down the brake issue at the track, very weird.

Overall, I had a nice weekend, with my brother and his family, and a great friend from college coming out to see a race event for the first time. As always, Dave puts on a great event. Y'all should consider attending in the future.

Results posted here:

http://timingscoring.drivenasa.com/N...%20PMP%20July/
    Last edited by MikeP99Z; 07-06-2016 at 10:59 AM.

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    SC-What or who is Barney? So the car was totaled? Any pics of the damage?
    Ryan's old car (the purple #50 which was sold to Robert Weston) - and it is hurt in a bad way. Dustin has a pic.