Page 302 of 308 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Who was the douche again. I was in Kansas at the time but heard a little about the incident.

I've begun avoiding Sunday mixed warm-up after seeing so much crap happen.

Hoping Friday TnTs moving forward won't be so crazy.
    Scott Landon, watch out, he is at a lot of events. I think he instructs for the BMW club, maybe even NASA (scared).
    He gave a point by then lost control and went 4 off then came back flying across the track at a 90 degree angle to the track.
    He offered to do nothing after causing thousands in damage to my car.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Blog Entries
    Ran out at TWS today. Was supposed to test a full shock/spring change but the shock guy dropped the ball at the very last minute.

Ended up just beating on the car some before the rain came in. Found a couple of issues.

The computer threw a MAF insufficient code, which it does when it looks at various sensors on the car and predicts a range what the MAF should read and cries foul if it doesn't fall in that range.

Being a cool and rainy day, my IAT sensor located in my lt1 airbox was reading exceptionally low, which I strongly suspect was the culprit. Car ran fine and the other sensors seemed to read OK. Cleared the code and ran for the rest of the day with no issues.

If it's an ongoing issue I can just move the IAT upstream where it will be exposed to more heat. I will pick up a spare MAF to be safe.

After that during the last session I could hear the torque arm tapping, looks like I lost the front clamshell bracket stud/nut again, that hasn't happened since 2014. At least this time the outer bracket was just hanging there.

Got home and napped for a few hours, probably 4hrs of work, pull shocks and wait for them to arrive during the week and I'm all set.

Prior to this track day all I did is install an oil thermostat, replace the fan, and put in a new pinion nut.

Glad to finally be getting to the point where work between events is somewhat minimal, and being able to drive the car between events again.
    Last edited by Pranav; 03-04-2017 at 10:30 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Ran out at TWS today. Was supposed to test a full shock/spring change but the shock guy dropped the ball at the very last minute.

Ended up just beating on the car some before the rain came in. Found a couple of issues.

The computer threw a MAF insufficient code, which it does when it looks at various sensors on the car and predicts a range what the MAF should read and cries foul if it doesn't fall in that range.

Being a cool and rainy day, my IAT sensor located in my lt1 airbox was reading exceptionally low, which I strongly suspect was the culprit. Car ran fine and the other sensors seemed to read OK. Cleared the code and ran for the rest of the day with no issues.

If it's an ongoing issue I can just move the IAT upstream where it will be exposed to more heat. I will pick up a spare MAF to be safe.

After that during the last session I could hear the torque arm tapping, looks like I lost the front clamshell bracket stud/nut again, that hasn't happened since 2014. At least this time the outer bracket was just hanging there.

Got home and napped for a few hours, probably 4hrs of work, pull shocks and wait for them to arrive during the week and I'm all set.

Prior to this track day all I did is install an oil thermostat, replace the fan, and put in a new pinion nut.

Glad to finally be getting to the point where work between events is somewhat minimal, and being able to drive the car between events again.
    I found on the 5.0 Ford that IAT sensor location is critical. I tried to put my IAT in the airbox and the car ran like ass as the ECU was calibrated for an IAT sensor located in the heat soaked intake manifold. Get that right before you rack your brain for a problem that may not even be.
    RM CMC Director

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'll move it if it comes back.

I like where it's at now, more consistent readings IMO.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    If we were allowed to tune, you could make it 100%.
    RM CMC Director

Blog Entries
    Yeah, like I said it was cold/rainy yesterday which is a rarity down here.

Car still ran great and didn't lose power. I'm just of the belief that my IAT location is putting MAF flow readings just below the range the ls1 computer expects. It's expecting to see readings on the level of a 5.7 motor with better flowing heads and a better cam, not a stock 5.3 out of a Buick Rainier, so the cold/rain theory makes sense

The torque arm stud/nut just fell out so that's an easy fix.

Check the air filter. All of the stock Boxters sucked in a bunch of water in the rain and were making less power than the Miatas. I've been told some of the maf cars don't like the oiled K&N filters.
    I wussed out on testing in the rain today. Coach said to "hang up the lace panties and get out the race panties, we are racing next weekend"
    Last edited by dtanker65; 03-05-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Michael and I got everything buttoned up on AI67 this morning. Just need the put it on the trailer Friday morning and get a bit of testing on Friday to hopefully dial-in the spring rates and shock settings.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I got the 55 loaded on the trailer and hooked up to the motorhome today. I need a dyno tune......I mean a dyno cert on the 5.3........I mean 4.6 on Friday at the track. Hope it goes okay. All I did was drive it to the corner and back. Felt okay.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    If we were allowed to tune, you could make it 100%.
    Uh... you could go to AI. BAM! Right there...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!