Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team Moonlite Wins E1! And 3rd Overall!

I would've expected more from the team I fueled for...the only times you guys didnt get fuel related penalties by the way!

Cant say enough how much fun I had during this. Bring on more enduros!!! :lol:
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini
    The Green Shirts were "very nice".
    pic of your Naval Shore leave back when you had hair?

come on, dont be all sore like Brad Simpson.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Kidding aside...

Glenn...you are Da' Man, and while I would never have admitted that prior to this weekend...you (and the LAW Motorsports Team) deserved that E1 win and the amazing overall podium!!!

Your efforts proved that prep & attention to details are what win races. You guys clearly were on your game. The Team Green shirts were peculiar, but very effective to ID your team anywhere on grid.

I have no idea how you guys ran as long as you did on a tank of gas. Our pit strategy was to simply "pit after Glenn/Mike"....but I couldn't hold out any longer at the hour mark for fear of running out.

Your tire strategy paid off well and differentiated you further from our CMC team.

I teased you that your obsession with fuel delivery was going to get you a spillage penalty...and we got a spill penalty.

Patterson was a machine out there and while I had to eject off-course to avoid a cross-wise SRF...Mike powered on by without skipping a beat. All things combined are what gave you that advantage and the overall win, and you guys deserve every bit of the glory.

The Liebbe/Covini Mustang bested the LAW Camaro all weekend long in the sprint races. Thanks to Rob, the Mustang outqualified the Camaro for the Enduro 11th vs 13th...and things were looking up for us at the start of the enduro...but your team proved that "races are won at home and in the garage".

Here's to LAW Motorsports!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini
    The Team Green shirts were peculiar, but very effective to ID your team anywhere on grid.
    Particularly the driver coming down pit road ...

Funny how very few participants chose to abide by the "crew uniform" rule.

Junior Member Rookie

Congrats!!

Great job fellas!!

I worked turn #4 for the enduro and it was amazing to see the #70 consistently make lap after lap with no big gaps from pitting. Like Covini said, the preparation and pitwork really made the difference. Trust me, I heard all the radio traffic of all the teams getting hit with penalty after penalty. It cost 1 of the GTS teams the win!

Congrats to Glenn and all involved!!!

Todd Farley

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar

Re: Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by TJ3
    Great job fellas!!

I worked turn #4 for the enduro and it was amazing to see the #70 consistently make lap after lap with no big gaps from pitting. Like Covini said, the preparation and pitwork really made the difference. Trust me, I heard all the radio traffic of all the teams getting hit with penalty after penalty. It cost 1 of the GTS teams the win!

Congrats to Glenn and all involved!!!

Todd Farley
    Thanks should go to YOU and your fellow corner workers for working the event. Without you guys, there would be no wins.

Kudos and a huge thanks!

Seriously!! Working corners for an enduro just has to be rough. Thanks Todd and all of your colleagues!!!
    Al Fernandez