Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IRBs

You are correct Glenn,

Quote Originally Posted by dirwin
    Great in theory with the cams, but lets see, 25 in the run group, 18 minutes green flag racing, 2 people to review = 3 hours 45 minutes just to review. Aren't we having enough trouble getting grids and results in a timely fashion? Not to mention if the review is going to be done on a 2.25" LCD.

I agree with video review of contact if it is available, but we will need a process for the video to be reviewed on a larger screen, not just the camera playback screen.
    Two things, if there is a problem there is always a video and you are acountable for your actions! I love it!
    SCCA holds the memory cards until the next race. You do not get to take them home. ;-)

BTW, they don't use a 2.25" LCD, this is the pros baby, not grassroots!

Viewing on a larger screen is easy!
    John G.
    www.chicane23store.com
    http://www.chicane23.com/chicane23/i...ane23_ban1.gif

Maximum Motorsports, Griggs Racing, G-Stream Wings, Brembo, Canton, Fuel Safe, Toyo Tires, Hoosier, Koni, StopTechPit Pal, etc.
    2004 & 2005 American Iron series Champion

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by chicane23
    SCCA holds the memory cards until the next race. You do not get to take them home. ;-)
    Do they allow you to copy the footage to use for analysis or do you have to run a second camera for that?

Seems to me the sole source for the requirement is to Police the series...then the series should provide the equipment....of course in WC, I am sure the Multi-million dollar budgets can suck it up for $2g...

Wonder how many guys turn them off or have "malfunctions" during the race?! :lol:
    Ah, fugg it.

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97
    Do they allow you to copy the footage to use for analysis or do you have to run a second camera for that?

Seems to me the sole source for the requirement is to Police the series...then the series should provide the equipment....of course in WC, I am sure the Multi-million dollar budgets can suck it up for $2g...

Wonder how many guys turn them off or have "malfunctions" during the race?! :lol:
    Not real sure on the copying the data, but you can run a second camera to anywhere you want. I can find out, since I have a friend running this year.

The whole purpose in the cameras are to police the series, keep people from making stupid mistakes and make sure no one is sandbagging.
    John G.
    www.chicane23store.com
    http://www.chicane23.com/chicane23/i...ane23_ban1.gif

Maximum Motorsports, Griggs Racing, G-Stream Wings, Brembo, Canton, Fuel Safe, Toyo Tires, Hoosier, Koni, StopTechPit Pal, etc.
    2004 & 2005 American Iron series Champion

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Camera Usage - The camera must be turned on and recording for every on-track session. Every team shall submit the memory card for each of their cars to the appropriate series official(s) within 30-minutes of the end of each on-track session. The series official(s) will mark down that the card was received for each car, and give the team member a blank card for the next session. Teams may download the video from their car within the allotted 30-minute time frame, but must be sure to not erase the video from the memory card. Teams that do not turn in their memory card(s) within the 30-minute time limit, or that turn in a blank memory card will be penalized. This is to insure that no team is tampering with the video.
    jb

Quote Originally Posted by jeffburch
    Camera Usage - The camera must be turned on and recording for every on-track session. Every team shall submit the memory card for each of their cars to the appropriate series official(s) within 30-minutes of the end of each on-track session. The series official(s) will mark down that the card was received for each car, and give the team member a blank card for the next session. Teams may download the video from their car within the allotted 30-minute time frame, but must be sure to not erase the video from the memory card. Teams that do not turn in their memory card(s) within the 30-minute time limit, or that turn in a blank memory card will be penalized. This is to insure that no team is tampering with the video.
    jb
    LOL! Thanks JB...I have made a habit of not reading long posts....even my own! :lol:
    Ah, fugg it.

I agree with the cameras, both for improving driving and CYA. My point was really not so much a serious one, as it was meant to point out that there is already too much on the plates of the directors between races, and adding keeping track of memory cards asking way too much. World Challenge is a big deal with a LOT of people involved with the logistics.

The fix is really very simple, have forms on hand, make sure everyone knows the rules and drives like they do, have the body contact processes and procedures laid out and communicated to all the drivers before hand and most importantly, be consistant with the enforcement of the rules.

Daron's post was about the procedures and process improvement, not a gripe with individuals. I also think there should be a "unwritten" rule that if you have a gripe or complaint about something or someone, you should take it to the directors of the series and not a forum. Bitching rarely turns into anything positive and it can get personal very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by dirwin
    I also think there should be a "unwritten" rule that if you have a gripe or complaint about something or someone, you should take it to the directors of the series and not a forum. Bitching rarely turns into anything positive and it can get personal very fast.
    Yep, very well said...learned that myself a while back!

Also, going around talking about drivers behind their back is just a chickenshit thing to do...if you got something to say to/about someone, have the balls to say it to their face or don't say it all. A constructive sidebar of "Hey, driver X, I have a concern...." is a hell of a lot more appreciated than "Driver X can't drive and has a shit car"... sorry off on another tangent that pushed the wrong button with me in the last 48 hours... :|
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    nice post DI.

Senior Member Grass-Passer cobra132's Avatar

IRB timing

This has been an interesting post. One point of order that I think is important. I have noticed that decisions made regarding on track incidents are often made in between races when the emotional waves are cresting. The CCR section 27.3 states that the IRB will meet at the end of the days activities. I know I have learned not to make decisions on emotionally charged issues without sleeping on them for at least a night or 2. FMR

Re: IRB timing

Quote Originally Posted by cobra132
    This has been an interesting post. One point of order that I think is important. I have noticed that decisions made regarding on track incidents are often made in between races when the emotional waves are cresting. The CCR section 27.3 states that the IRB will meet at the end of the days activities. I know I have learned not to make decisions on emotionally charged issues without sleeping on them for at least a night or 2. FMR
    In most other regions, they only have one race a day compared to our two...a great benefit in TX! Determining action is a necessity to grid our second race since we usually invert from finishing order.... our directors have modified accordingly!
    Ah, fugg it.