Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What you can do with older CMC cars

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I am a little confused about the ROY.

When I received CMC ROY for last year, I was originally told that CMC did not give trophy's for ROY....yet NASA gave me a trophy for CMC ROY.

Was the trophy from NASA or CMC or it doesn't matter just take the trophy and shut up?

I guess the easier question... Does NASA recognize the ROY for each class?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay
    I am a little confused about the ROY.

When I received CMC ROY for last year, I was originally told that CMC did not give trophy's for ROY....yet NASA gave me a trophy for CMC ROY.

Was the trophy from NASA or CMC or it doesn't matter just take the trophy and shut up?

I guess the easier question... Does NASA recognize the ROY for each class?
    The AI/CMC group gives a certificate for ROY or "Most Improved Driver" in each class... I have never seen a NASATX ROY award... now I'm confused..

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Gunter
    Things like attitude and not pissing off the important folks of AI CMC TX... That pretty much takes me out of the running next year!
    I'm glad somebody is in front of me in that line.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383
    Things like attitude and not pissing off the important folks of AI CMC TX... That pretty much takes me out of the running next year!
    I'm glad somebody is in front of me in that line.
    Gotta get up really early to get in front of MFW in that line... LOL... jk

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    So how is the ROY decided? Is it based on points or a vote or something?
    And if it's by points and a rookie is part of a team, how does that work out?

Based on points for Jay (not Team Jordan) vs me and the other rooks this year, I'm kicking ass solely due to my good attendance... but I think we all know that Jay is the better driver.

I'm not saying I wouldn't mind the ROY, given in 5 years time when I'm accepting my F1 trophy at SPA and the announcer says "From 2008 CMC Rookie of the Year to F1 race winner..." nobody will remember that I got it for good attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Al
    Well, given each class is allowed to name a ROY
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love
    The AI/CMC group gives a certificate for ROY or "Most Improved Driver" in each class...
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

I think it's best to remember that ROY includes a lot more than your final standings... Things like attitude and not pissing off the important folks of AI CMC TX... That pretty much takes me out of the running next year! :lol:

I just look forward to taking some green flags with these guys... I will continue to talk $#!T, that's just part of my personality... like MFW wanting a point by :P
    Don't know what you are worried about but you are nowhere NEAR the level of shit I started in 2006 and I still got ROY... ops: Unless you walk up and slap AL or Glenn, I am pretty sure if you perform well enough, you could earn ROY.

I just wanted to be the first two time ROY! That would be an accomplishment! :lol:

DL, considering I am usually up around 4:30am on race mornings, you would be correct! :wink: I own that franchise with Glenn in a close second!
    Ah, fugg it.

Out west we've always used points + a fudge factor due to attitude, how pretty your girlfriend is (sorry Jeremy, but Ross is kicking your ass here) etc. Its even more nebulous here in Tx.

My ROY trophy came from CMC not from NASA. :?
    Al Fernandez