Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are we waiting for?`

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What are we waiting for?`

What is the holdup in letting us know the new rules? I would like to get to work on my car but don't know what is coming down. We are calling this our off season but we only have about 30 days more than the normal time between races (97 days from today). Sounds like a long time and it is except for the holidays and any vacations (sking) taken at this time of year. I have to get my new cheatin bastard cam installed and hidden computer chip recalibrated. Since I don't have the skills to compete with you guys I think I will cheat! What did the poet say....."catch me if you can".

In all seriousness I need to remove the heads and do the valve seals and springs. If we are going to stay with CMC then that and normal between race stuff is all I need to do. If the new rules are going to give us (me) slow Fox drivers something to help us compete I need to know what it is so I can get on with it.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    we are having a conf call tonight. look for them to be released in the next week or so. years past we have had to wait till January, feel lucky.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    years past we have had to wait till January, feel lucky.

In past years the scope of possible changes was never anywhere near as great...

Richard P.

We're all waiting for the news. I'd ask on the CMC forums, but I can't. :wink:
    Matt King
    OH-IN/Midwest CMC 03

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    years past we have had to wait till January, feel lucky.

In past years the scope of possible changes was never anywhere near as great...

Richard P.
    all the more reason to be glad its happening in a week.

for those of you who like CMC - just do your normal off season maint and go on about your daily lives.

Guys, there really is nothing major to be expecting. Look back at what has changed in CMC over the years other than the creation of CMC2...small stuff, mostly clarifications to existing rules. The single biggest change in the CMC rule set since 2003 that affects performance was allowing you to relocate the battery!

This year, as with all years, I tabulated all submittals and ended up with something on the order of 35 or 40 discreet items. The vast majority are clarifications to what we're already enforcing. There are a few truly new things, but even those are pretty tiny in scope (allowing solid motor mounts for example).

The point is I think when you see the rules its going to be very anticlimactic. We have done a bunch of work around removing text that isnt needed, and general cleaning up and organizing, so the rules will read a little different (hopefully easier) but the meat will be pretty much the same.

The only substantial stuff comes in CMC2: formal allowance of fox/3rd gens, dropping power down to 260/310 and weight down to around 3200 (depending on platform) and allowing foxes to modify fenders to enable a wider track. None of that is news though, you all had heard that previously.

BUT, and to answer your question directly Jerry, nothing is final until it is final and that is why we want to wait until we have a complete set, discussed, reviewed and approved by both CMC directors and NASA National.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Matt
    Hey Matt... This group can probably handle another bad apple. :lol:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Matt
    So much for don't kill the messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay
    Hey Matt... This group can probably handle another bad apple. :lol:
    There are no bad apples here... and this group can certainly stand a little cussin' and discussin'.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

not over here Matt.

glad to have you here and all, but dont bring the National issues you have over here.

- Glenn Landrum AI/CMC Texas Regional Director
    Matt King
    OH-IN/Midwest CMC 03

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Dude, we got to get you to Texas. I can still sponsor a couple for this year.

Matt King for Vice President!

removed quote - GL.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!