View Poll Results: Should there be a season in review video?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • dont give a crap

1 6.67%
  • no

0 0%
  • yes

14 93.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Season Video

2008 Season Video

Is there going to be a video made for the 2008 season as making these videos are a good way to get more people inspired to join the racing scene. I know I saw the 2006 video and that is what has gotten me inspired as there are many others out there that get inspired the same way I did.

Does anyone else agree with me on this topic???

I cant wait until next season as I plan on attendnig a lot more races as I missed the entire 08 season...
    Troy Reynolds
    CMC 76

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Troy, no one will dispute that the season wrap videos done in the past are works of art, each and every one of them. They are excellent PR for the series, yes, but you will find that it's awesome to relive those memories over and over again.

The problem is the amount of time it takes to put something like that together.

The "Wanna ba a Rockstar" video I did in the summer took a solid 8 hours to put together. And that's because I only had 2 tapes from a single race.

Now imagine the task if just 10 of the racers fed just one tape of only 5 of the 21 races we had.

Eric and David put together wonderful season wrap videos, but they spent weeks, using every spare moment compiling all the video into a comprehensive "story" all choreographed to music.

Jeff and Glenn have put together compilation vids over the years. Jeff has always known and Glenn, bless his heart, got a taste of it.

Video and multi-media production is what I do and have done for over 25 years. I know what those guy did, the sacrifices they made and the resources they spent on it. It takes a helluva a machine just to edit and probably a TB of disk space to house all the clips.

It's easy to ask for ... monumental to produce.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    We have an AI/CMC TX fund....can't we outsource this to a chinese or indian guy making $3 a week...? :wink:
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Exactly what Mitch said. I can't imagine the hundreds or thousands of hours that Eric and David have put into the videos from 05-07!

I have done some weekend re-cap videos from just my 4 races and w/ transferring data and editing it usually takes about 4 hours. This is just going in a straight order through the races w/ no music at all.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I love these videos....but the work is enormous.

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97
    We have an AI/CMC TX fund....can't we outsource this to a chinese or indian guy making $3 a week...? :wink:
    I would have to agree... If I knew how to do the stuff, I would do it as I have a lot of time on my hands during my work hours... :lol:
    Troy Reynolds
    CMC 76

I might be so inclined to participate in doing another video for '09 if the compensation (Dr. Pepper) was cold enough.

For those that have done or tasted doing video editing, my hat off to you all!!! Going over the countless tapes inch by inch looking for that "moment" can be overwhelming at times, but can also be very rewarding in the end.

If you have a way to get a camera in/on your car... do it! The more footage there is, the easier it is in the end to find those golden moments that will last a life-time on DVD.

I'd like nothing more than to see the roof/hood/trunk/side cams and even some wheelwell shots of the suspension while going over the "launch" at MSR-H.

Who knows.... might see more of me in da future............. racing? nah.. pictures and videos... hmm... possible..

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Good to hear from ya Eric. I'd love to see ya out at Houston, as long as its not in Team Jordan's car. :lol:
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Eric... Your videos were always awesome. That would be great if you did another one...but you do need to get another car get back on track.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i'll cover your meals if you show up to do this for us.