Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reports From Performance Racing Industry Show 2008!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i'm sure AJ's price posted was for a kit w/ rotors and brakets ect. i'll ping the directors about cleaning up the rule to specify that.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    I think I am still going to be peeved with Toyo...especially if they make me spend money on shocks/springs etc....because they built a crappy tire. But that is just me being cheap I guess.

As for the brakes, honestly, I have the $900 brembo kit with some cheap arse two piece rotors and pretty well outbroke EVERYONE at nationals... I don't see a huge market for big$$$ brake kits unless someone has a 3500lb car. Only positive is if they could use a cheap pad that outlasts the others....especially at tracks like ECR!!!

Anyway, just data points
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    thats not hard to do Matt.... plenty of CMC guys out brake AI cars. :P

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    thats not hard to do Matt.... plenty of CMC guys out brake AI cars. :P
    I am still waiting for you to "pull your plate" there goober boy!
    Ah, fugg it.

Yeah, that is what I need to know and communicate. Is what kind of pricing you all are use to seeing and will consider in the ballpark.

Now Matt, what if the brake system is now 2lbs per corner lighter etc, and will last the race day at ECR if not the weekend? That is what I am looking for from PFC. The already have a kit for the S197 that will do it...

Just gauging interest for PFC... There is also interest from them in the area of contingency sponsorships of the series.
    AJ Petersen
    Shock Technician
    STACK Technical Agent

Performance Speed Tech
    817-512-4780
    Keeping You On Track!
    www.performancespeedtech.com

Quote Originally Posted by AJ@PST
    Yeah, that is what I need to know and communicate. Is what kind of pricing you all are use to seeing and will consider in the ballpark.

Now Matt, what if the brake system is now 2lbs per corner lighter etc, and will last the race day at ECR if not the weekend? That is what I am looking for from PFC. The already have a kit for the S197 that will do it...

Just gauging interest for PFC... There is also interest from them in the area of contingency sponsorships of the series.
    Mine lasted the weekend and the street price (rumors) on the stoptech kits are $1899....some guys are selling them at near cost just to make a sale.

If there were an interest in my mind, it would be for a 14" kit that fits inside of our typical 17" AI wheels with cheap pads that last 4 events or more and runs less than 2000 bucks....but hey, I am probably dreaming! :lol:
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    AJ, any possibility PFC will do a contingency for those running regular 2-piston calipers? Many of us have been running their pads and love them, we would also love some contingency $$.

As for the big brake kits I would be interested in some information. I won't be running CMC2 until 2010 and am not even sure I will change my brakes then.
    The only way I would even remotely consider switching to a 4-piston setup is if I could get the whole kit for under $1,000. I'm not sure if that kit even exists but that is my thinking on it.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Quote Originally Posted by AJ@PST
    AJ, I think the performance/price is about right given the rest of the market for the S197- 'course everything is still at a premium for that car.
    :evil:

Not sure if you said already but will the PFCs fit the S197 with 17s? They would not when I last checked. The price would be worth it if that was the case ...save close to $400/set on tires...couple sets per year - not to mention more abundant/cheaper rims.

I doubt I am in a position to dump my APRs (which I do like a lot and I got for a great deal) and take on the PFCs but if they are looking for a guinea pig, let me know

Blog Entries
    AJ-thanks for all the info.

Toyo's-I think lots are getting ready to buy 888's so it might be a good idea to post some pricing.

Brakes-huge difference in what AI and CMC guys would or can spend on their brakes. New rules for CMC 1/2 just came out. CMC 1 can't upgrade to a 4 piston brake but CMC 2 can and as stated earlier the caliper price limit is set at $600 per caliper. For comparison sake Wilwood has come out with a kit aimed at A Sedan that will work for us F-body guys. Its $1,500 retail price and is a complete kit for the front wheels with calipers, brackets, rotors, and pads.

I would be interested in a PFC program but obviously not for $5k. If some contingencies were offered that would certainly help. I'm certainly willing to be a guinea pig. Your welcome to drive the car for some testing as well.

Please keep us updated.

Tire pricing for Full tread tires are posted in the for sale forum. I am working on the shaved prices. They will have to be shipped in from out of state.

ON PFC-

I have confirmation that I can sell a 4-Piston caliper to be used with a 355 or 323 disk for a little over $500. It is a similar version to the system used in Grand Am on the S197 cars. The difference being that it will be powder coated instead of elctro-nickel and will have pistons made of a different material. The caliper starts life as a forged mono-bloc and is then cut in two per Grand Am rules that only allow 2-piece calipers for Koni challenge cars... And Yes I believe that it will fit under a 17" and have a 355mm disc. This will not be true for all 17" wheels. I will have a profile drawing produced to use with checking of wheel dimensions. Based on your price comments I believe that I can have two spec kits for both CMC-2 and AI. CMC-2 target retail will be in the $1800 to $2000 range. AI will be in the $2200 to $2400 range. The systems will be lighter and better engineered than the competitors. Systems will feature 2-Piece full floating rotors with slotts (AI) and smooth faces (CMC-2). The CMC-2 system will feature a monobloc caliper that will fit a maximum 323mm rotor. You will save weight, gain brake torque and brake system repeatability. This will be as close to a full race system as the price allows.

I am working on a contingency program for all those who purchase PFC products and race those products. They eligible parts will need to be purchased through authorized PFC dealers/distributors. This will not be limited to brake systems, it will include pads so we can include the CMC class. I will also like to take this to other regions as well so any help with that will be appreciated. The larger volume we can put together the better the deal for all.
    AJ Petersen
    Shock Technician
    STACK Technical Agent

Performance Speed Tech
    817-512-4780
    Keeping You On Track!
    www.performancespeedtech.com