Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hallet non-media

Hallet non-media

That was without a doubt one of the best racing weekends I have ever had!! Tremendous thanks are in order:
    Dave and the rest of the RM caterers...you put on one hell of a dinner
    Tommy and the rest of the RM bartenders...bull and vodka, I'm a convert
    Chris...your help in handling our one serious incident was tremendous
    James...the points leader taking time out of his session to show the guy in 2nd place how to get around a track...you are a true class act

It cant go without saying...the reason this weekend was so fantastic is because of all of the people that showed up from as far as 11hrs away. It was just awesome to meet all the characters I'm used to seeing online.

The racing itself was SO close and SO fast I'm just now easing off my adrenaline high.

There is some work ahead for NASA, but the foundation is there to make this a huge crossover event for other classes as well. Summer Shootout!!!
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    The adrenaline has worn off - I'm beat!!! Off to a three day trek through the Florida heat and humidity this week ought to refresh me. :roll:
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

I posted this over on our board, but wanted to make sure you Texas boys saw it too!!

Big thanks to everyone who made this weekend so fun: all the racers for throwing down and racing HARD, the officials and workers, everyone who brought stuff for the cookout and who told us they loved Beth's dessert or chili..and especially:

Dave and Revkah - love you both

Ken and Chris - brothers in RM CMC Arms, and providers of tools, flat pavement, and small bits to get the car running again and keep the headlight pods from coming off while racing

Scott & Vicki for being your always supportive selves, even if Beth didn't have an air filter for you to remove this year

Ray for the battery charger so we could actually drive the RV

Rick for giving Beth so much insight, complete with running through the paddock to catch me (on my bike) so I could tell Beth what turns were really slippery before she went back out. You rock, Rick!

and for the Texas bunch:

Wurtz for letting some stranger come over and paw all over your car. Wish our mechanic Mike was there to see it!

Tracey in HPDE for coming over and telling us how much fun he had driving with us last year, and how excited he was to see Beth moved up to CMC this year.

Glenn and Mitch - for helping out a RM rookie driver so much, being so supportive, and also for offering any assistance we needed pretty much as soon as we arrived! You are both class acts!

Michael - for deciding to help Beth learn the track when your R1 was cut short, rather than still trying to move back up a few spots. That's amazing!

and a big thank you to all the other Texas racers who helped us out, I'm so bad with names!! ops:

I'm still blown away by the kindness, support, and generosity of the Texas group! Beth and I both can't wait to come back next year!

BTW, Beth would love to get some of your in-car footage for use in a video! If you have access to it (in a good form for use in our video editing software), send me a PM and I'll send you FTP instructions for her site

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    It definitely is back to reality now. Work..work...chase kids and the youngest softball games...etc.etc..

Big thanks to Jerry Jordan for loaning me his high power battery charger....it helped keep my crapper running all weekend.

Thanks to Misty for sharing her space and loaning me a few tools over the weekend....and also putting up with me for the weekend.

Fun racing from the back of the pack...although very wild from back there.

Unfortunately, I didn't run any camera since I was stressed just to get my car ready each session.

Al my pleasure and as usual, it is always fun racing with you buddy.

Awesome food from by the RM crew and fun entertainment.

It was nice meeting some new faces this year that I see online.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    We made it back late last night and I decided work could be put off a bit more today.

Thank you to everyone for all the help this weekend. Most of you loaned me tools at some point. JB - I have your 3/4 and will bring it to TWS. I'll never forget Glenn jumping on my splitter to straighten it. He looked like an overgrown kid. (BTW, Neil is rebuilding it all this week and cutting spares. Just in case.)

Proctor - you are welcome to share anytime. Thanks for being my fuel man this weekend.

Mitch - Thanks again for not t-boning me! Liebbe - Thanks for not rear ending me!

And, most especially, a huge thanks to all the RM guys for all the food and fun on Saturday night.

This weekend was some of the most fun I have had. I'm looking forward to TWS in August. I dyno on Friday so I'll actually be legal in AI. Hehe, my next 2 events are both CW. Gotta give myself a chance....

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Got logbook
    Apparently still need to learn Figures 7 and 8
    Coil failed
    Power steering pump puked
    Car ran hot
    Still no reverse
    Clutch switch failed
    Wiring harness splice failed
    Car drove better
    Qual'd 4th CMC in the wet
    Pushed the car off the trailer into the garage

When's the next event?

Big thanks to Ross for navigating and Team Jordan for the couch; sleeping and counseling.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Practice- flat spot another 888. More like "steeled" it.
    It was down past the steel belt. :roll:
    Spacer stuck to wheel and didn't notice until Tues morn.
    Ran rest of w'end without it. Geez.
    R1- 2nd
    R2- Lap 3 (or so) Turn 3, loose exhaust from 13 car wedges under my car and damages my Y-pipe where it crosses under the oil pan.
    I run charity race to see if there are any ill effects. None.
    Charity race- Had fun dicing with and filming Jason Love.

R3- Lap 3 or so on the back straight I lose either tranny or clutch.
    I was done.

jb

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Friday:

loaded the truck, pulled the tarp off the 27 car (never touched since last event), left in time to get to Hallett by 10:00, hit Dallas at 4ish and was caught in Friday rush hour, north of Dallas get behind convoy of wind generator blades @ some construction at Graingerland, nother delay, call Connie at Hallett and request help for late arrival said she would leave gate unlocked, slowed by more construction and missed exit to turnpike get to Hallett just after 11:30... someone was driving away from the gate after making sure it was locked... jacked up the car on the trailer and pulled rear wheels to check brake pads hang the broken exhaust while it is in the air... crawl through fence with air matresses and bunk up in garage "B".....

Saturday:

Wake up to chicken song and walk to gate and get truck. Register, decide to let Jason run HPDE 1, 2, 3 & 4/Racecraft/TT on Sat. so he would have a better chance racing on Sunday... sessions are back to back (that sucked)

Practice: I practiced
    Qual: I Qualed
    R1: Finished
    R2 Finished

Sat. Evening:
    Entered the 27 car and the 718 car in the fun run... had a blast watching
    Ate, drank and was merry, Thanks to all, especially the RM guys and gals... got bored so I painted the ground effects on the car

Sunday:

Jason ran, I was crew chief (basically I f'ed off)

Qual: Jason Qualed
    R3: Jason was a human pinball for 20 min and ran out of fuel... was towed in and immediately fired his crew chief

Left @ 2 and headed to Hot Springs (another thread)

Thanks again to everyone, it was a great relief to get away from dealing with Dad's Estate and Mary's attempted suicide...

A big thanks to everyone that made this event possible. Lets do it again next year!

Great racing! That was the most fun I have had since I started racingg a few years ago.

Great meeting everyone from Texas and the Rocky Mountain region.

Got home at 3am, and woke up Monday morning to a flat front tire on the truck(bad valve stem). Amazing that it waited until we got home to do that.

Bryan

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Speaking of valve stems - Al Fernandez had one on his trailer but was spotted by an Eagle-eyed fellow CMC racer before any trouble. There was a very large batch of valve stems from China a while back (2006) from a company named Dill Air Control Products. The valve stems will crack around the base and leak are when they bend over while running down the road. They will leak while driving, but not while sitting. Check your vehicles, trailers etc. and as always keep an eye on your tires.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls...rue&refurl=rss

Be safe.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.