Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3-weekend rule for R888's

So there seems to be plenty of support for allowing 888s all of next year for AI and CMC here in Texas. If you do not agree with this and dont wish to make that opinion public, please email or PM me. One week from today I'll post an official decision.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt
    Remember I have two 245/45/16's for sale for $250.00 for the pair. They are brand new RA1's shaved to 4/32 (or 2/16 or as we should say 1/8"). I paid over $500.00 for them.
    JJ
    Jerry, Assuming this is directed at me, I'll have to consider whether or not to run 17's up front (possible 13" rotors) and 16's on the rear. That just sounds goofy. On that note, I have six MB 16x8 wheels for sale, and six fugly 16x8 "rain" wheels for sale.
    '86 Mustang Coupe - CMC2 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt
    Remember I have two 245/45/16's for sale for $250.00 for the pair. They are brand new RA1's shaved to 4/32 (or 2/16 or as we should say 1/8"). I paid over $500.00 for them.
    JJ
    Jerry, Assuming this is directed at me, I'll have to consider whether or not to run 17's up front (possible 13" rotors) and 16's on the rear. That just sounds goofy. On that note, I have six MB 16x8 wheels for sale, and six fugly 16x8 "rain" wheels for sale.
    Wade,

It was not directed at you. I thought you had already gone to 17's. They would be a great DE tire. Way better and less money than anything else. They did work great on the front with 255's on the rear of CMC17.
    I'm not sure you will notice any difference in the larger rotors. Others may chime in and tell you for sure. I don't think my new car has as good a set of brakes as the old one does.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade
    +1 ok for R888's all season.
    +1 more; let's just race.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Sorry about the delay...

AI and CMC cars in TX regional events will be allowed to run 888s for all of 2010, rain or shine. This is a regional and AICMC only allowance, so prior to running somewhere else or with another TX class check with the pertinent officials. Hallett is considered a TX regional event.

This does not apply to NASA Nationals. Anyone competing at that event must be on RA1s.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    For clarity - how long is this regional exception? 3 weekends, all year, ?. A small detail that you forgot to include.

Thanks.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe
    For clarity - how long is this regional exception? 3 weekends, all year, ?. A small detail that you forgot to include.

Thanks.
    I took it to be all year. Al?

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    :roll:

D'OH! Yes all year. I corrected my post.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    So can this now be the 3 year rule? Anyone have any issues with running 888's? What about if it rains and I'm running 888's?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24