Thread: Wade Zimmer - CMC2 17

Threaded View

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wade's Avatar

Wade Zimmer - CMC2 17

Ok, so I just bought Jerry Jordan's CMC2 notchback Mustang a couple of weeks ago. I've been lurking on the board and at events for the last two (three?) years and figured it was time to jump on board.

I have met many of you, but know Gary Robertson and Nick Valentin the best. I went to school at A&M with those guys. I also know David Love and Misty from time at TWS. I'm looking forward to getting to put a face with a name for the rest of you soon.

Short background...I am an Architect in Bryan and am originally from East Texas, Nacogdoches to be exact. I have been in Bryan since 1998. My firm specializes in K-12 schools, but have recently done bank jobs (snicker, snicker), medical office buildings, a homeless shelter and some other interesting things.

I've been associated with the Texas A&M Sports Car Club for the last 10 years or so and autocross (poorly!) with them.

My daily driver is an '87 notch with Cobra brakes, MM coilovers, Bilsteins, PHB, TA, tubular front LCA's, solid rear lower's with heims, etc, etc. I have run track days at TWS in that car.

So I have a few questions...
    My first trip to the track in the new (to me) car will be at TWS this weekend running with MSC. ASSuming that all goes well, I intend to register for ECR on Sunday night. Jessica tells me that if I register before Monday I can avoid the late fee. Who do I need to talk to about getting going on my license? Mosty? I know I need to do some ride alongs, lead follows, etc. to get that going. My first inclination was to try to make every event next year as HPDE1/2/3/4 so that I would have had a chance to drive every track and then start racing in 2011. Other folks are telling me I should be able to do it more quickly which would be nice. Gary says that the field at Hallett is HUGE and that I NEED to race there. The car is as ready as it was when Jerry was driving it at the last race, or I guess as ready as a fairmont could ever be!

Any instructors coming to TWS this weekend that I could hook up with? If not, Sam Crumpacker and I will be harassing each other all weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '86 Mustang Coupe - CMC2 34