Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Rookie Day Redo

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wirtz's Avatar
    Another "thank you" to everyone that helped put on the weekend, especially Rob and Misty for all the extra work. I had a blast and hope everyone learned something.

Attached are some of the car prep sheets I mentioned I use. I have made these over the years with a couple of different cars. If your inclined to use it, go ahead and modify it to suit the intervals you like, and add and remove line items based on your experience for what needs attention.

The first sheet is my prep checklist. I print it after an event and use it to make sure I cover the basics for the car. I then on the right side of the list write out any changes or upgrades I do. Then it goes into my cars binder so I have a running record of when I did what.

The second sheet is again one I made up for chassis setup. Some of the info does not really apply to a CMC car (like spoiler settings, or ratio changes) but I some of my cars in the past all this was changable so I tracked it. I typically print this out every couple of events to go through the alignment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I feel like we had an actual race weekend...it was just that cool. This is definitely going to become an annual deal. It was tremendous fun and everyone got a lot out of it at the same time...win/win.

Thanks to all the veterans that shared so much off track and on, and of course to Rob and Misty for making it happen.

I talked to Shannon on my way home...she was very impressed and happy that we had such a big turnout.
    Al Fernandez

Me too

Just wanted to join in the thanks for a great weekend. Had a blast in the red TA. Thinking about trying to make my car a little louder though. Any ideas?

Junior Member Rookie
    Even though I was only able to attend Saturday morning, the experience was invaluable. I'm so glad that Jerry invited me. I hope it does become an annual event so that I can participate for the entire weekend. I'll also be trying to attend some NASA events in the coming year.

Thanks to all,
    Edward

Senior Member Grass-Passer

Re: Me too

Quote Originally Posted by CVDepew
    Thinking about trying to make my car a little louder though. Any ideas?
    Uh, maybe a Jake Brake? :wink:
    -Wayne
    -CMC #85

Thinking about trying to make my car a little louder though. Any ideas?
    Thats funny. You could put some funny car style zoomies on it! :lol:
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward
    Even though I was only able to attend Saturday morning, the experience was invaluable. I'm so glad that Jerry invited me. I hope it does become an annual event so that I can participate for the entire weekend. I'll also be trying to attend some NASA events in the coming year.

Thanks to all,
    Edward
    We need to talk to Steve Mulder and find out where he got the boom tube... It may be worth going back to slightly modified stock exhaust... with a single boom tube out the passenger side, like Steve's

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    From my point of view, I thought Rookie Day turned out pretty damn well. There was GREAT discussion and information exchange in the classroom sessions and we didn't even get to all the topics. The on-track sessions turned out very well despite the rain. Actually the rain probably helped a bunch as it kept speeds down and caution up as well as being a very good learning experience. The dry sessions couldn't have gone better with big positive responses on side-by-side, passing, mirror, and starting formation drills. It seemed like everyone got a lot more comfortable running in traffic and in close quarters at a fairly high speed throughout the weekend. Those who attended jumped several rungs up the learning curve ladder. Those who weren't able to make it definitely missed out. However, the format is setup now and we should be able to repeat this fairly easily if needed or wanted.

Thanks to everyone who helped out, spent their time and effort to come out as vets, rookies and track officials. I would especially like to thank TWS management, Misty Cain, TWS corner workers, and TWS EMS and tow truck operators for their hard work and support. See y'all at the next Rookie Day (date tbd ).

Please feel free to post here, e-mail me, or call me with any postivite or negative thoughts, comments, suggestions, etc. as feedback for improvements.

cell 281-413-1948
    liebbe@ceimail.com
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Thanks again for your help in organizing this Rob, it was a fantastic weekend all around!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27
    We need to talk to Steve Mulder and find out where he got the boom tube...
    I believe it was a place called Thrash in San Antonio.

It's made from heavy gauge steel and is a heavy SOB. Be prepared with lots of hangers.