Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Rookie Day Redo

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    we can pile into the G8 if we need to turn a few laps together.
    SVT Focus vs Puntiac G8!!! WooHoo!

Glenn do rides in the G8 get a complimentary "I wanna be a Rockstar" DVD?

-=- Todd

PS - Speaking of DVD's, many thanks to Donovan Racing I'll bring 2009 Texas AI/CMC Season Recaps for any rookies who did not receive them.

(Matt...the rules will be out by then, so fret not.)

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini
    I want in on this. I'm pulling the race car with the 03 Lightning. I want a match race between the SVT Focus, the G8, and the SVT Lightning.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby

(Matt...the rules will be out by then, so fret not.)
    Why would I fret? You're the one that will be locked out! :lol:
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt
    I want in on this. I'm pulling the race car with the 03 Lightning. I want a match race between the SVT Focus, the G8, and the SVT Lightning.

JJ
    Don't make me bring the Crown Vic and kick all your asses!
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

You guys are all doomed 'cause I'm bringing my S197. muahahahaha

Guys, I dont know if you realize this, but we're going to have 18 drivers attending this Rookie Day weekend. 18!! Thats damn near normal race weekend roster. Absolutely tremendous.
    Al Fernandez

Junior Member Rookie
    Fantastic! Looks like a great weekend.

I will do my best to get there to meet and greet everyone but the car is not together just yet.

Look forward to see everyone.

Bill Griffin
    GriffTech Motorsports

Rookies and Vets,

I have made no plans or discussions with Misty about garage spaces and I don't know who has signed up for any. I wasn't planning on getting one this weekend. Misty has made arrangements for us to use the media room for our meetings, so I didn't think it was necessary to coordinate garage spaces. However, if at all possible, can you group those of use who reqistered for garage spaces together? If not, I understand.

More information to the entire group regarding schedule and content soon.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt

JJ
    Don't make me bring the Crown Vic and kick all your asses!
    I'll bring the T/A and burn you all to the ground!! :twisted:
    Wait, maybe that is me that would burn.....ok, the T/A will NOT make the trip. ops:
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Rookie Day Info is Here!!!!!!!

After months (ok a few days) of constant (at night) hard work, I can finally release the plan for Rookie Day.

As you know, this is not really a school, or a licensing day, or a race day. This is simply a way for the vets to give back to the rookies after ignoring them for a couple of years. This is not a NASATX event, it is friends helping out friends and a good excuse for a little non-competitive, low pressure fun on the track. We may all learn a thing or two as well.

I'd like to thank those who have helped me so far, those I recruited to help this weekend without asking them, those who volunteered to do anything needed, and especially Texas World Speedway and Misty Cain for their outstanding support. I would also like to thank Harris Hill Raceway for their intial offer to host this event.

This weekend's goal is to help the rookies with discussions and track activites related to racing as opposed to HPDE events. I've assumed that everyone knows how to drive a race track and are at least somewhat familiar with TWS. We won't necessarily be covering the driving basics, but rather trying to relay experience and help develop skills and knowledge for those who are moving into wheel to wheel racing.

We will structure the days similar to a driving school with topic discussions followed by on track practice. The discussions will be presented by the veterans and are not meant to be exhaustive, but thought starters with a good amount of information tacked on. Each discussion will have time for questions and comments.

On track activites are not races. We will be running at a good pace, but have to be mindful that this event is a TWS Perfomance Track Day and not a NASA race weekend. Certain restrictions apply, and TWS is the authority. I have already discussed our intentions and we have an understanding that we can do passing and side by side work if we do it in a safe manner. Misty will keep us in line.

I have attached an Adobe file which includes attendees and their Rookie/Veteran assignments, a rough schedule of meetings and track sessions and a discussion list with bullet points. This is a good starting point and it is somewhat agressive in the volume of material to cover. Therefore, I will be trying to keep things moving during our meetings and will be as rude as I need to be to do so. But, feel free to talk about almost anything at anytime with any of the veterans throughout the weekend. I will bring printed handouts of this file or you can bring your own.

I look forward to this weekend - I'll be there late Friday evening - see you there.

Rob Liebbe
    281-413-1948

ps - I have not seen the TWS schedule for this weekend, but please note that all participants must register, tech any car going out on track, and do all the things TWS requires for their events. We will have our own run group. The first Rookie Day meeting will be immediately following the TWS Driver's meeting in the Media Room next to the Pro Shop. All of our meeting will be held in the Media Room directly after each of our driving sessions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Junior Member Rookie
    Rob - That looks fantastic....very well done.

What time is the TWS driver's meeting Sat Morning?

Thanks

Bill Griffin
    GriffTech Motorsports