Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks to all for your support as a Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar

Thanks to all for your support as a Director

-To All

Thanks for all your support and help over the past 4 years as your Texas American Iron Director.

I had a great time helping everyone and thank you for being supportive of me over the years.

I’m not exactly sure who will be your direct point of contact for AI related items, but for now I would direct them to Al Fernandez and Todd Covini.

I will be around as a racer as always, and will continue to support the series!

Hope to see everyone soon!
    DD ‘just a racer’

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Thanks for your time and energy... your calm and dedication will be missed...

David, you've been a great help to me and everyone in AI. Thanks for that and thanks for your dedication and continuing desire to help run the show as needed.

Guys, David not being the AI Tx director doesnt mean he wont be around, as a matter of fact he's planning on a full season next year. Todd and I have been making some moves, ensuring every region has good representation, but also ensuring the organization is appropriately sized. I sit on the AI national board as the Tx region director. Todd is of course the AI national director and we have the advantage of him being here on site so we can put him to work on daily issues at the track as well. Glenn, Todd, and myself will continue to work at making Tx the best region to race in and we'll continue to rely on you guys to help us keep things going smoothly
    Al Fernandez

Well, I don't like it. I'll go on record that I don't think AL is the best solution in this scenario....you REALLY have no REAL understanding of an AI car and I don't feel like explaining it every 5 minutes. Same pretty much goes for Todd as National AI director....but hey, he's a nice guy. We need someone that lives and dies American Iron....ONLY. Just my $5.00 worth of input that will likely get shoved under the rug yet again.

Please note my dissatisfaction with this appropriately. :roll:

David, your my vote. You're a class act, but hope to be battling with you on track this year.
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    I will be honest, I'm not 100% in agreement with the decision... But I support Todd, Al & Glenn 100%...

Let's give these guy a chance to steer this wandering ship in the right direction. Like Al said I will be racing a full season, I will be around... I will be helping when I have time.

The best thing we all can do is give these three our full support! They need it!

DD

edited for spelling

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    But to run the ship... we need a ruleset... I hear Christmas bells ringing.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

If I want to run in a Clusterfuck, I'm going to ST2....

I'm feeling a sudden urge to become my 2006 self.................... :evil:
    Ah, fugg it.

:lol: Dont sugar coat it Matt, tell us what you really feel!
    Al Fernandez

(lies rocking in the fetal position) shut up and drive... shut up and drive... shut up and drive... shut up and drive...

I'm looking forward to the new Donovan machine out there and racing again this year! On the AI side, I hear you Matt and true AI racers like David, Richard and others will still be at the track to lend a helping hand. As David mentioned, we need that help. There's a good chance that I won't be at every race and Al will need to ask for AI help from folks...so there will always be AI expertise.

Now as for me not being 100% into AI, I can tell you that in the past 3-4 months I've been upgraded from CMC to AI. I've been 110% AI and may even be out there kicking Texas AI butt in the future.
    a) I've sold my CMC car....and am entertaining AI car purchases nationally.
    b) I've directed, inspected & worked the AI Nationals with some pretty big challenges.
    c) I've been eating, breathing & sleeping with AI rules for the last 2 months and can now tell you why each word is where it is and what the intent is.
    d) I live & die AI now...and will likely be killed many more times over AI.
    e) I've spent 5 HOURS nearly 5 nites a week talking to AI racers and understanding the why's and how's.

So...if you don't like that I'm the guy working to help lead the class to greater success...I'm OK with that.

But...if you think I'm just a CMC guy putting a half hearted effort into this AI gig and lallygagging with the rules, I got a problem with that.

My desire to spank some AI butt on track just went up a notch. :twisted:

-=- Todd
    American Iron Series - National Director