Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Friday testing before April TWS event

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt
    Richard I would like to see you run with us........if it matters.

JJ

Thanks, and I would like to run. I don't have a membership, current license, current medical, legal car, or current safety equipment. It would cost me over $2K to run a single competition lap. All that to be several seconds off the pace of a mostly empty field. It would be cheaper (and more fun) to buy a CMC car than it would be to get my car back into competitive form.

I ran last weekend at MSRH and had an absolute blast. I was thinking running with Dan in the Orange Thing on Friday morning would be fun. I've now thought better of it...

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP
    Richard I would like to see you run with us........if it matters.

JJ

Thanks, and I would like to run. I don't have a membership, current license, current medical, legal car, or current safety equipment. It would cost me over $2K to run a single competition lap. All that to be several seconds off the pace of a mostly empty field. It would be cheaper (and more fun) to buy a CMC car than it would be to get my car back into competitive form.

I ran last weekend at MSRH and had an absolute blast. I was thinking running with Dan in the Orange Thing on Friday morning would be fun. I've now thought better of it...

Richard P.

If you change your mind I will be running the afternoon half day and would like to run with and learn from you. If not, I understand but don't let someone else stop you from having fun with the rest of us.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    If you change your mind I will be running the afternoon half day and would like to run with and learn from you.

Good fun there but I would have to leave the track by 1:30 to be home in time to pick up my daughter. The morning only session was to run with Dan. He's also only running the morning since he has to be in Galveston Friday evening for some meeting to do with the triathalon he is running on Saturday.

I'll be out at the track on Sunday with my little girl watching all the action.

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP
    If you change your mind I will be running the afternoon half day and would like to run with and learn from you.

Good fun there but I would have to leave the track by 1:30 to be home in time to pick up my daughter. The morning only session was to run with Dan. He's also only running the morning since he has to be in Galveston Friday evening for some meeting to do with the triathalon he is running on Saturday.

I'll be out at the track on Sunday with my little girl watching all the action.

Richard P.
    I chased the orange thing with Chris driving... I could be a rabbit for you two... Call me if you are still gonna go... 281-414-1738