Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spare helmet?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Have you ever heard of "Big Head Todd and the Monsters"?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini
    It's not the price of the racecar that's stopping me...

It's the price of the earnest money, option fee, home inspector, pest inspector, pool inspector, origination fee, appraisal fee, credit report fee, underwriting fee, loan administration fee, verification fee, messenger fee, recording fee, flood certification fee, warehouse fee, settlement fee, title policy fee, attorney fee, recording fee, survey fee, title company fee, HOA fees, interest, taxes, hazard insurance, (shall I go on?)...that's stopping me. :lol:

-=- Todd
    So is that a little higher than a one month rental deposit? And then you don't care if the fence falls down, the a/c breaks, or the roof is old. Just make sure you are going to be there 5 years before you buy a place for most on a 30 year. Even then with commissions if the house doesn't appreciate (probably won't in the next 5) its a loser.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey_SS
    http://hansdevice.com/Standard-Helmet-Anchors;jsessionid=0a0103551f43041174804bec4bbd971 8be43d12fcb93.e3eSchmSbxaRe34Pa38Ta38Ma350
    Yep - that's what I have.
    -- Robert King
    AI #42

Senior Member Rookie
    How much do you sweat from your head? I have a small Bell with anchors that I can bring to ECR. I don't know the sizing difference b/t the 2...
    ~Darcie

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini
    It's not the price of the racecar that's stopping me...

It's the price of the earnest money, option fee, home inspector, pest inspector, pool inspector, origination fee, appraisal fee, credit report fee, underwriting fee, loan administration fee, verification fee, messenger fee, recording fee, flood certification fee, warehouse fee, settlement fee, title policy fee, attorney fee, recording fee, survey fee, title company fee, HOA fees, interest, taxes, hazard insurance, (shall I go on?)...that's stopping me. :lol:
    Then you suck balls at home negotiations. You should be ashamed, Mr. Former Union Negotiator.

When we bought our place in CA back in March, I got the seller to pay ALL CLOSING FEES. Every last penny - impound accounts, insurance, taxes, the works. All we had to put in was our down payment.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Casey_SS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crumpacker
    How much do you sweat from your head? I have a small Bell with anchors that I can bring to ECR. I don't know the sizing difference b/t the 2...
    Thanks Darcie! I've always been what I consider a "light" sweater compared to most. I'll also be wearing a balaclava, so hopefully the sweat factor won't be too bad. I'm not sure how the sizes run between different brands but if you can bring it with you that'd be awesome. If it's just way too small (doubt it) then I can hopefully use Todd's large x huge lid and just shim it with some 1/4" SFI foam I have left over from "shimming" my seat :mrgreen:

Todd - I think Darcie's is most likely to fit the best but can you bring yours as backup just in case?

Thanks everyone....you guys rock!
    2012 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #29

Senior Member Grass-Passer Casey_SS's Avatar
    Thanks to everyone for the loaner offers. After some more research, I went ahead and bought a 2005 model....the length of time I can use it is much longer than I originally thought and the differences in the 2010s aren't that big a deal. Should be good to go now....
    2012 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #29