Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TWS IRB Results

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez
    :lol: Do you two ever agree on anything? I can just see the arguments in the shop about where to land a tube within a roll cage :wink:
    Landing the tubes ... not so much.

Notching of the tubes ... oh yeah!
    I've learned it easier to let him do what he wants and move it later when he isnt looking.
    He who has the welder in hand puts it in its final spot.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez
    :lol: Do you two ever agree on anything? I can just see the arguments in the shop about where to land a tube within a roll cage :wink:
    Landing the tubes ... not so much.

Notching of the tubes ... oh yeah!
    I've learned it easier to let him do what he wants and move it later when he isnt looking.
    He who has the welder in hand puts it in its final spot.
    Glenn is usually drunk when he is welding.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383
    I'll be public and bear the risk of pissing these guys off: J. Kellam, R. King and R. Boudreaux ~ after Glenn, you guys are at the top of my list of cars I look out for on track. Jeremiah is aggressive with control, though I expect he'll have a similar incident and I hope it's in region and not at Nationals. The Roberts seem to have more aggressiveness than car control. Pot calling the kettle black? Maybe; don't worry, I got thick skin.
    I owe you four guys an apology. It was unfair and simply wrong to call you out here without ever expressing a concern directly to you.
    No apology necessary.

I appreciate your concerns and your honesty. I really do.

My work, and my daughter mean that I get to the track irregularly. I do what I can in HPDE to knock the dust off, but there's no substitute for wheel-to-wheel racing and it shows. I'm too agressive on track and my car control suffers for it.

I'm not in any points hunt, so there's no reason for me to drive hard.

I think its because I feel I have to do something when I'm on track to make up for all the events I've missed. That is the WRONG REASON, and after a few days if reflection I have realized that.

My objective at Eagle's Canyon is to drive clean -- no spins and no agressive moves. If that means I finish DFL every race -- so be it.

(Though if I end up with Crumpacker in my mirror, that's going to be TOUGH! I can't help racing him, even if it is out of class. )

If you guys have ANYTHING to say about my conduct, please let me know. I won't get pissed -- I'm not that kind of guy. I use the input to improve myself, always. If you do it face-to-face at the track -- fine. If you want to email me, send me a PM, or bring it up in a thread, that's OK too. Though if you put it in a thread, I'm much less likely to notice it. (Threads that degenerate into a bitch-fest have little interest to me so I generally ignore them.)
    -- Robert King
    AI #42

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    So the season points are?????