Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nascar - Said or Smoke?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini
    This is a mock IRB guys, so we need to all come to one conclusion and agree on the decision.

Racing Incident?
    Boris at fault?
    Smoke at fault?

-=- T

27.3 Data Collection
    The Chief of the IRB shall ensure that at least one (1) member from the IRB is in impound after each race, for all classes. IRB members that are present in impound shall ensure that all drivers involved in on-track incidences fill out a body contact report form. The IRB member(s) shall collect these forms, make notes as to the damage that they observed, question the parties involved, and make notes on the forms. These forms
    shall be turned over to the Chief of the IRB for review. At the end of the day’s activities, the IRB shall meet, review each case, make the appropriate decisions, and turn over the findings and reports to the Race Director. Exact meeting times and places shall be determined the Chief of the IRB.
    In order to convene a real IRB, I need to see the BCFs. I also need to look at the damage and interview the drivers and witnesses.

So you either have an agenda or looking for ammunition.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    This is a mock IRB guys, so we need to all come to one conclusion and agree on the decision.

Racing Incident?
    Boris at fault?
    Smoke at fault?

-=- T
    I thought it was a good idea too..... no one can every agree on cause most of the time.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Hey Mitch...27.3 occurred to a "T" in the last IRB, just in case there was some sarcasm there.

Regarding 27.3 for Watkins Glen....let's simulate the forms, and let the ESPN interviews be the only data available to you. C'mon...play along.

So how many for racing incident...for Boris....for Smoke?

-=- Todd

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    No sarcasm ...

25.6 Off-course Excursions
    The competitor is required to follow the marked course during competition and shall not gain an advantage by an off-course excursion.

An off-course excursion is defined as leaving the marked course with all four wheels.

The definition of the term “advantage gained” will be left up to the sole discretion of the Race Director, and may include pass attempts that were completed, but the overtaking driver went four-wheels-off on the exit, and it was deemed to be an otherwise “ill-fated” pass (i.e. the “Zanardi maneuver”).

Penalties may be assessed for an off-course excursion that affords an advantage to the offender.
    As long as we're in fantasy land, I'm the race director. NOT losing a position is an advantage.

Day before Leffler tried the same thing and created a "melee".

Burton and Johnson were folloing their tire tracks and didn't have contact.

Stewart: 2 race suspension, 2 weekend probation and has to work T7 at TWS next August.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    ASSuming the rule for racing room is "find your own," Stewart at fault for contact.

He was behind, forced the issue, and turned Said.

Penalties
    NFL rookie haricut
    Wear a pink driving suit next 3 races
    Bring the KL to MM at ECR
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Racing Incident?
    Boris at fault?
    Smoke at fault?

-=- T
    I didn't see the incident but you cannot compare NASCAR and NASA... NASCAR has told the divers to be more aggressive to bring back the fans... AND the drivers don't have to pay for the crap they damage...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27

Racing Incident?
    Boris at fault?
    Smoke at fault?

-=- T
    I didn't see the incident but you cannot compare NASCAR and NASA... NASCAR has told the divers to be more aggressive to bring back the fans... AND the drivers don't have to pay for the crap they damage...

Ding dind ding.......we have a winner!

JJ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27

Racing Incident?
    Boris at fault?
    Smoke at fault?

-=- T

Ding dind ding.......we have a winner!

JJ
    I believe the drivers meeting quote at the beginning of the year started with "Have at it boys!"
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383
    ASSuming the rule for racing room is "find your own," Stewart at fault for contact.
    Stewart at fault for running off track, turning Said, for moonlighting at Burger King (I wsaw it on TV, so it must be true,) and for being a prick in general.

Penalty -- two race suspension. Myst buy Said's gerew beer of their choice, must wash Said's entire race car post race in the hot pits for two races wearing a pink bra and panties. If said braw and panties are of the "granny-panty" variety, one race. Any more revealing and the penalty may be extended to 3 or more races.
    -- Robert King
    AI #42

Senior Member Grass-Passer Crumpacker's Avatar
    I think Robert is drunk.

Smoke at fault. 4 off the "racing surface" then puposely turned Said when he came back on. Should have breathed out of the throttle for .001sec and slotted in. It was fun to watch though.
    Sam Crumpacker
    CMC #54 - '94 Creamsicle

"Group D, Drama, to grid.."