Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Future of Hallett

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar

Future of Hallett

http://www.nasaproracing.com/2011/01...ew-centra.html

NAPA VALLEY, CA (January 28, 2011) The National Auto Sport Association (NASA) is pleased to announce the introduction of the new NASA Central Region. The new region will focus on the central U.S. including the states of Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Arkansas and will include track weekends at Motorsports Park Hastings, Mid America Motorplex, Heartland Park, Iowa Speedway, and the Hallett Motor Racing Circuit among others as the region grows.
    Is Texas losing Hallett?

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    The Texas Region now includes New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Louisiana according to this on nasaforums back in November.

Maybe it will be a joint Texas/Rocky Mountain/Central event? Just how many cars CAN you fit on Hallett anyway?
    -Wayne
    -CMC #85

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonNW
    Just how many cars CAN you fit on Hallett anyway?
    A lot... we've put 15 or 16 at once into turn 2.

Yeah... 30+ Duece fields... oh yeah...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Todd Smith was at Harris Hill for the Instructor's Day. Great guy. They will be an excellent partner region for us as we all grow. We even spoke of helping them "seed" some classes in his first year. I told him if he needed to show some AI/CMC/944 strength, I knew a few people who might be interested in towing north a bit if it were worth our while! 8)

Will race for food & beer!

-=- Todd
    American Iron Series - National Director

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini
    Todd Smith was at Harris Hill for the Instructor's Day. Great guy. They will be an excellent partner region for us as we all grow. We even spoke of helping them "seed" some classes in his first year. I told him if he needed to show some AI/CMC/944 strength, I knew a few people who might be interested in towing north a bit if it were worth our while! 8)

Will race for food & beer!

-=- Todd
    Is there a "yes" or "no" buried in their somewhere?

I don't speak management ... 100 word non-answers escape me.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Texas will not lose Hallett this year....or if we were changing our schedule, I haven't heard a thing. Highly doubt that would happen.

However, there's nothing to say that the new Central Division doesn't pick up a few Hallett dates at other times in the year. The other Todd loves Hallett and I'm sure he'll be looking to run there.

Only Dave & Revkah can answer what our annual Summer Shootout looks like with the RM region and now Central region. If I were a betting man, it would likely be a huge crossover event with 3 regions instead of 2!!!

-=- Todd
    American Iron Series - National Director

ah ... this year, no. Beyond, you don't know.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    Is there something stopping more than one region holding an event at Hallet? I'd imagine TX could still have it on their schedule, where all the RM, MW, and CR guys come down, play, and earn TX points. If CR holds an event there, I'm sure there'd be quite a few TX, MW, and RM guys that would make the haul to earn CR points.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    You are starting to think like management. Great idea, and I'm there. Hallet in august has to be better than TWS in august.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    ah ... this year, no. Beyond, you don't know.
    Help me understand, why is there a question of Texas "losing" Hallett when the track is physically in the Texas region?
    -Wayne
    -CMC #85