Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AST Contingency

Senior Member Grass-Passer Jeremy Gunter's Avatar
    Mosty Brothers' Racing
    #22 CMC2
    I have groupies...

So whatever happened to the contingency in 2010. I know several of you have their product and others running the decals.
    I went to register last summer and got bounced (i.e form failed to submit) so I put a reminder in to check later and by the time I did (albeit several months later) the info was off the NASA site.
    I just submitted my registration to this form - it worked this time.

Senior Member Rookie chris-CMC#35's Avatar
    These guys are a total sham, is what happened. Damn near every AI-CMC driver in Rocky Mtn registered. Not a single one ever got anything.

Plus, they don't make a shock for the CMC price point anymore.

So, if you show up with these things on your car, it will not pass tech.

-chris

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-CMC#35
    These guys are a total sham, is what happened. Damn near every AI-CMC driver in Rocky Mtn registered. Not a single one ever got anything.

Plus, they don't make a shock for the CMC price point anymore.

So, if you show up with these things on your car, it will not pass tech.

-chris
    You ever consider confiding w/ the other Directors before you make a statement like that?

Senior Member Rookie chris-CMC#35's Avatar
    Good point. But this pitch was way too fat to miss... :wink:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-CMC#35
    Good point. But this pitch was way too fat to miss... :wink:
    I'm on your side, but you would have hung me out w/ the wash (as you have in the past) for such a comment. Lets take this to private and address it (again - I know).

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Who has spare decals?
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wirtz's Avatar
    Brian from AST asked me to post this as he is not yet registered for the forum. If you have any comments, or want to take issue, I'd suggest contacting Brian directly.

Guys,
    Before we read more "we are a sham comments" I figured I'd chime in. Last year's program from our view went fairly smoothly. It was well received in NASA and SCCA. Every person that registered got stickers that we know of. We found several registrations caught in our spam box when those folks called or emailed us, we found them and straightened it out. If they did inquire and we didn't respond for some reason, I apologize. If they didn’t ask and we missed it in the hundreds of spam emails we get daily, I apologize, but it wasn’t recognized until later in the season.

Towards the end of the season, we did get behind with claims and when people were ready to buy, we always honored the claim form regardless. In fact, several times people wanted to register the day before an event and we accepted their claims even if we couldn’t get stickers to them in time.

This year I made a more automated registration and put someone in charge of the whole program. I think it will run better this year. I'm not sure how much we will be at the track for the 2011 Texas Region season. With our Grand Am contract and World Challenge sponsorship, we have a lot of conflicts unfortunately. But we will do our best to show our support. We hope to make it to NASA Nationals since it is the week before we need to be there anyway.

In regards to making shocks to the CMC rules. That information is simply false. Anyone who has asked for shocks can purchase 1 axle’s worth for $799. Are we currently stocking CMC shocks for S197, SN95, 3rd and 4th Gen Camaro? No, the demand has been underwhelming to say the least. If anyone asks for CMC shocks, we make them to order and have done so for anyone who has asked. No one has paid more than $799 per axle and no one has received $5,000 shocks for $1598 because we “winked” and gave them the buddy deal. We can’t stay in business like that.

To be honest, we support CMC because we *like* the racing and we *like* the guys we meet at the track. We’re not doing it to get rich or somehow wreck what is already a well run organization. I’m not sure why we’ve stirred up so much hostility towards the idea of running a new shock in the class. If you’re not interested in something new, vote with your dollars and stick with what’s on your car.

Have a great season. Stop by our trailer whether we’re at a NASA event or Grand Am event if you have questions.

Brian Hanchey
    President of AST Suspension - USA

NOTE: I would have posted this myself, but the registration process seems to be broken on the forum. Please email us or call for questions. www-ast-usa.com has our contact information.

I got my shocks within a week. Brian even spent some time with me in his shop explaining what's going on inside of them. Quite worth the money in my opinion. After the first full weekend on them, I wouldn't put anything else under any race car I drive... (if I have a choice)

A sham is far from the truth... My next purchase is their air jacks!!! :P
    Mosty Brothers' Racing
    #22 CMC2
    I have groupies...

Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty
    Who has spare decals?
    I will stop by there tomorrow on my way to OKC, hopefully they are around! It might be a few weeks before they get back to the shop...
    Mosty Brothers' Racing
    #22 CMC2
    I have groupies...