Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyo Price Increase March 1

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    You can still run the 16" tire in CMC2. It's a maximum tire size rule, you can run any smaller RA1.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

First the 18's, now the 17's.
    This is somehow in compliance with the contract with NASA?

Toyo is giving me all the reason's I need to not run AI/CMC next year. That is not an idle comment - in fact, factor in now $150 a set over Hoosiers and it might not take that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe
    You can still run the 16" tire in CMC2. It's a maximum tire size rule, you can run any smaller RA1.
    Yeah, 18 is a max size in AI and I was told I could just run 17s...oh, wait...not anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL
    Why the surprise? The cost of many raw materials are up as its simple supply/demand. You know Helicopter Ben wants inflation and the FED's mantra is 2% inflation.
    It still shocks me that they that much in Toyo Bucks for our racing. Especially when a class may only have 5 entrants.
    An increase in raw materials does not necessitate an increase in price especially in a competitive market and especially for a product that already has been planned for deprecation.
    That is of course unless demand outstrips supply as you indicate but when the supply is hampered by the manufacturer's actions (poor product launch, underplanned production, quality issues, supply chain mismanagement...take your pick) then a price increase is not only unacceptable, doing so is manipulative.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Casey_SS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFirePony

Toyo is giving me all the reason's I need to not run AI/CMC next year. That is not an idle comment - in fact, factor in now $150 a set over Hoosiers and it might not take that long.
    Big part of the reason I'm running AIX this year. AI/CMC are definitely the PEOPLE I want to race and hang out with but I don't have the patience for the annual Toyo drama. That and I'm still a little light on driver talent to be competitive. ops:

The plus side is I can get a set of 17" NT01s for $799 w/ free shipping. My last set lasted 7 weekends (2 were in the rain). Not saying this is the right answer for you but would rather see you do that than leave the group...I hear you make good BBQ
    2012 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #29

Hey Casey... I completely understand your position and in fact I started to pull the AIX escape hatch last year and was literally hours from doing it again this year...that and the 'just run a smaller' tire tells me there is a serious issue with the compatability of the series intent and operation and I put it on Toyo and anyone supporting that relationship in light of the last two years...I am not taking my toy home but I am not interested in giving an unfit organization like Toyo my money nor am I wanting to run to AIX and risk all sorts of 'out of class' issues where my, Dave's and Cliftons competitive natures put us at odds with where we find ourselves playing. I am soooooo even tempered about stuff that the fact this Toyo crap is pissing me off tells ME something is f'd up big time. 'nuff said. I am cool on tires for Cresson...we'll see what happens after.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFirePony

Yep, but they will last you half as long.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Jeremy Gunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    Yep, but they will last you half as long.
    and after the possible contingency's available, cost you half as much...
    Mosty Brothers' Racing
    #22 CMC2
    I have groupies...

Senior Member Grass-Passer edrock96GT's Avatar
    It is kinda hard to beat the Hoosier contingency.

Eddie Rock

#21 AI '96 GT

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    Why do I have a feeling that there is a warehouse in the US that is full of R888s that need to be sold...