Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam resigns...is someone happy now? anyone? Bueller?

Senior Member Site AdminGrass-Passer cjlmlml's Avatar

Didnt Arnold say-

If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger?
    AI # 12

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Maybe, but he also said - "If it bleeds, you can kill it." from Predator
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Guys,
    This was a surprise for me as well. Our discussions from the weekend were not complete and despite my deleting his resignation post a few times last nite, it looks as though Adam has made up his mind.

I will continue the talks with NASA this week and see what, if any, resolutions can be made going forward. I'm still planning on a State of the Union address soon and still planning on a Mid-Year Review at Wings N' More at TWS to review where we've been and where we're going.

Let's try to keep a positive attitude and not react negatively in any way. We've come a long way as a group and have met nearly every single one of our Texas goals for the series to date. While it was never easy, Adam should be extremely proud of that fact. It's no time for us to start "looking elsewhere" for other racing venues when we're on top!

I hope to update you all in the coming days.
    Stay tuned.

-=- Todd Covini
    American Iron Series - National Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini
    It's no time for us to start "looking elsewhere" for other racing venues when we're on top!
    -=- Todd Covini
    todd, my comment was mostly directed to point out that the other series that were mentioned aren't exactly great alternatives for the racers in this region so maybe we use the pluses from all series, implement them to make us as happy as we can and then we all shut the fugg up and race...

If you read the rules in each of those series, the goals and efforts of those series, classes of cars in those series, you will find that NASA TX fits what this group is looking for overall, but they have several other "important points of focus" that sell their series where NASA in general is a little lacking. Combine all of the information and you got a winner! :wink:

Senior Member Grass-Passer oz98cobra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini
    Let's try to keep a positive attitude and not react negatively in any way. We've come a long way as a group and have met nearly every single one of our Texas goals for the series to date. While it was never easy, Adam should be extremely proud of that fact. It's no time for us to start "looking elsewhere" for other racing venues when we're on top!

I hope to update you all in the coming days.
    Stay tuned.

-=- Todd Covini
    So what are you saying Todd? That we all just have to tow the line and put up with a situation no matter what? This ain't China my friend! We have choices - we can chose to race with another sanctioning body, we can chose to start our own group, or we can chose not to race at all - and NASA TX needs to know and understand this!

As a driver who was on the receiving end of disrespect and blatent misconduct by NASA TX officials at Hallett, I have serious reservations about giving my hard earned money to NASA TX until such time as that issue has been satisfactorily addressed with me personally - and with the rest of the group who are painfully aware that something insidious went down that weekend. So far this has not occured! I have heard only that the issue has been diluted, played down, and skirted around, and I have been told to expect a reprimand for "my tone with the officials" - which frankly is just unbelievable as I was not part of the problem in any way shape or form!

Adam has given up tilting at windmills, which leaves you in the hot seat trying to sort something out - a position that I don't envy at all. I'm not attacking you here Todd - just making it clear to all that this whole mess is not going to just blow over - it does need to be addressed before the next round! I look forward to your updates - and if there is anything I can do to help, or you need from me, let me know.
    Daron
    AI75 DownUnder Racing

Senior Member Site AdminGrass-Passer cjlmlml's Avatar

point

There is a complete difference between bitching because the race report isnt out yet and wanting the truth to come out about what happened to Adams car at Hallett.

Bitching by itself is useless.

Offer a solution.

Skip Smith did, thats why he is writing the most recent race report.

I agree with Daron and want some answers.

If the rest of you want to be pushovers and say, oh lets just forget it and let NASA push us around, then you can go f a goat.

I am looking forward to the Wings and More lynching of Todd Covini.

HAHA

Good luck Todd.

Maybe we should have Shannon/Nasa at our Wings and More meeting?
    AI # 12

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    I want an explanation as well.

Where does NASA get off doing this Tech BS at Hallett, then running off a Director and not explain anything to the racers.

If NASA does not clean up their style soon I suspect we will see more people leave. I don’t have plans to come back next year at this point. I may change my mind if things change.

David D.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    It's obvious to even the most naive of the Texas group (me) that there is some force working against the race directors.

This down hill slide started last year when Todd/adam were stripped of tech duties. We, as a group, should have recognized this power struggle then. But even with the hints given by Todd and Adam, I turned a blind eye and raced on. Hind sight is 20/20

Whomever this force is in total, I know I was approached at Hallett about taking a series director's job. I thought this kind of strange as there were 2 long standing directors in place. I have shared this with a couple of folks in confidence, but I see now what all this was leading up to.

It stinks, folks.

My "run-ins" with both Todd and Adam are well publicized. I have never intentionally tried to keep either of them out of the loop by trampling up their back in order to go over their head. Likewise, I haven't turned issues into secret squirrel stuff either. I am a person that is what you see.

I talked with Adam for a while today and am just speechless at the lack of simple respect given to a person that has worked so hard to give us a place to race and others a place hang their hat.

This is so typical of a micro-managed company ... scapegoats get the blame and managers get accolades.

This sickens me and is a HUGE black eye for this region. We are quickly becoming the laughing-stock of American Iron through simple association.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    Others have been asked as well... ask me how I know...

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by donovan
    Others have been asked as well... ask me how I know...
    OK -- I'll ask. How do you know?
    -- Robert King
    AI #42