Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns

Senior Member Grass-Passer y5e06's Avatar
    i shoot a bunch: .38 spc, .357 mag, 9mm luger, 9x23mm, .45, .223, .30-06, 7.5swiss, .303 brit, 7.62x54R, 8mm mauser and more.
    I'm a wheel man (revolvers) and old school WWI & WWII vintage stuff more than anything but I have a black rifle & .22 also...
    .22LR plinkers are excellent training tools. cheap fun. Rugers are great, but so are the browning buckmark's if you're out shopping.
    I reload a lot (see above list) other wise shooting that much would get too expensive.
    along that note... if you don't keep your brass I'd be willing to take it!
    search for 'idpa'. WAY more fun that standing at a firing line.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjC4KsiLmWE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9zcY..._order&list=UL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6gF5..._order&list=UL
    i ain't fast, but it is FUN (oh wait, racing or idpa?...)

[soapbox] if you believe in your rights you should check into joining the NRA or even the TSRA [/soapbox]
    https://www.tsra.com/

what the hay, one more link to add... if anyone is interested, 9mm for sale
    http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=45227
    Last edited by y5e06; 06-06-2011 at 10:59 AM.
    Dust Collector

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I have a .22 semi-auto rifle that is hard to beat for just general target shooting.

I have a 20 guage single shot and a 12 guage pump shotgun that I used shoot skeet with. I haven't actually shot any of my guns in few years though.

I also have a .32 pistol. Some Italian gun, but can't remember the brand right now that is fun to shoot as well. One of my closest buddies that is a Dallas cop has a massive arsenal of weapons and occassionally we will go shooting on his parents 200 acres and shoot all kinds of guns and that is a blast.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I shot my first rifle last weekend (.30-06) and that was very nice. We also shot clays with a 12 and 16 gauge and messed around with a .357 and 45.

I don't own a gun but have fun shooting.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    The 12G is a Remmington 870 DPS issue. Belonged a good friend of my Dad's who passed away and firends bought it from the state as a gift.
    The 20G is a Remmington auto ... 570? ... my uncle gave to my brother 25 years ago. Probably hasn't had 30 rounds ran through it.
    The 410 is a single shot, break-over with a hammer by Iver Johnson Arms. My best guess using the internet is that it was made in the teens. It was given to my grandpa by my great grandpa.
    I also have a 22 bolt action rifle that my dad "altered" to be able to get it in and out of the truck window easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    You'll have a lot of cheap fun with the 22/45. I'm looking for one myself (so I can stop borrowing Chuck's).
    How about a range day the weekend after Hallett... outdoor at Alpine or indoor at Lone Star.
    Indoors sounds more appealing these days ... Let me know what your schedule is. I'm pretty flexible.
    Be easy on me ... I'm a newb all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by edrock96GT View Post
    I like to shoot. Got my own AR, too. I'd love to find a range that allows double tapping and rapid fire.
    Lone Star in Weatherford has a Class III license and rents out full auto weapons by the hour, IIRC.
    We shot an Uzi there a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx View Post
    Be easy on me ... I'm a newb all over again.
    We'll talk at Hallett.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    My dad has a Winchester Model 1906. Amazing gun for varment hunting and general close range target work. You can throw a thousand rounds through it without missing a beat. Holds 15 shorts, 12 Longs, 11 Long Rifles... very fun gun. It was an anniversary gift from my grandmother to my grandfather in 1924...

My favorite thing about that gun is the ability to hold the trigger down and "pump" the magazine dry. Not good for accuracy, but fun as hell!
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Rookie
    We have guns and love shooting them...

I have a Springfield XD-40 tactical. We inherited a 12g single barrel and a Savage .250 from my grandpa's estate. Sam have a British 303, 30-30, .22 rifle and pistol, and a few others that I can't remember.
    ~Darcie

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Thanks to Nick and his dad, Steve and Chuck B. for all your coaching Saturday.

Had a great time and clicked several hundred rounds through my new 22 and Chucks 9mm.
    I even shot Steve's rifle. First time I've shot a weapon in 20 years.

I had been reading a lot on the net about Springields XD and XDm .40 and 9mm.
    I shot several clips with an XDm 9mm and it'll probably be my next purchase.

I signed up for the CHL class and go through that Saturday.

Thanks again to Nick and Steve for all your coaching and patience.

We had good time also. Your accuracy hasn't suffered at all since your last shot.
    I think you'll be happy with an XDm or XD. I have three.
    Looking forward to going again.