Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Track Width Data from ECR!

Senior Member Grass-Passer Casey_SS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    I AM going to say this "out loud"...

For me, one of the best things about this group is watching the Father/Son teams interact. All of you that have the ability to enjoy that time, do not take it for granted.

David, if this is the greatest amount of crap I have to deal with fine. If this is more crap than YOU can deal with, then just come out on Saturday nights and have a beer on me.

I see this as a reasonable step to continue to maintain parity with the vehicles. I'm comfortable being a mid-pack slacker knowing it's probably the driver and not the platform.
    Well said. I completely agree and will actually take it a step further - Very few people are able to actively race for more than a few short years. Life changes fast and the majority of grassroots racers hang it up after 3-5 years for various reasons. As entertaining as it can be to get caught up in all the bitching and other drama, never lose sight of how temporary this period in your life is and how much you'll miss it when it's gone for whatever reason. We are all very fortunate to be able to do this at all.
    2012 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #29

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    It's getting complicate around here... we're worried about .2" of track width but have no real idea on scale accuracy?

Never mind... it looks like it's about the same as a 10lb variation on a percent basis.

Carry on... nothing to see here.
    Accually we are collecting data so we can create a rule w/ a hard number in it. Then we don't need to worry if anyone streached the fenders to fit over the tires. I don't see any of them being set narrower than what is already out there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien View Post
    Seems pretty well layed out. Don't know what an "alternate" tire is, pretty sure there's a rule in there saying we are running RA1's. Are you seriously saying that hot vs cold will give any measurable (with a TAPEMEASURE!) difference? Really?

I have no problem with Glenn's legitimate question. For all he knows, we could have used a 1" bit of wood to measure.
    Thanks GR. Keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    Just to fill you guys in a little. I was told by each person if the plates were included, and I forgot half way thru colleting it. I said the same thing.... "what is an 1/8" between friends, right?". Then I remembered there were two plates. That is a 1/4" . I better be a little more accurate than that I figured.
    Thanks all for helping to put a hard number to a vauge rule. I'll be turning al this over to the National Director tonight, so still got time to give me you input.

Talking

"For me, one of the best things about this group is watching the Father/Son teams interact."
    You must not watch us "interact" much if you call us a team...haha entertaining I'm sure but team just isn't the right description...Papa Love and "Baby Love" as Boudy calls me is more like extremely disorganized chaos that somehow won a championship once upon a time, to put it nicely, the championship was probably mostly the car though. However I still wouldn't change it for the world. Thanks for all the sacrifices to give me the opportunity to do this D-Love. Even if all the Series Directors do have it out for us and the 3 car now. .....another thread sidetracked, what a surprise.
    Jason Love
    Love in it Racing
    "Sometimes its better to be lucky than good."
    2010 CMC Champion

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Crap... Just thought about something. When Dad and I measured my car I didn't take the plate on Dad's side out of the measurement. I measured to the inside on my side though. So what ever the width of Jerry's plates are, one side needs to be subtracted.

Front of tires: 73-3/4 minus 1/8? = 73-5/8
    Rear of tires: 73-7/8 minus 1/8? = 73-3/4

Rear track width measured: 73-1/4 minus 1/8? = 73-1/8

I hope that math is correct.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonLiiR View Post
    "For me, one of the best things about this group is watching the Father/Son teams interact."
    You must not watch us "interact" much if you call us a team...haha entertaining I'm sure but team just isn't the right description...Papa Love and "Baby Love" as Boudy calls me is more like extremely disorganized chaos that somehow won a championship once upon a time, to put it nicely, the championship was probably mostly the car though. However I still wouldn't change it for the world. Thanks for all the sacrifices to give me the opportunity to do this D-Love. Even if all the Series Directors do have it out for us and the 3 car now. .....another thread sidetracked, what a surprise.
    Your dad has you seeing black helecoptors too?
    I can assure you both nothing is further from the trueth.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I'm glad I'm not out. This is the most fun I ever had and I have never even won a race (may not ever).

I wish you were still running with us David!

JJ
    I hope one day I can do this w/ my two girls.

Blog Entries
    Gary and Wade, I need an answer from your group. I have 3 cars worth of data you guys gave me. I really need to get this to Al tonight.

David F - you too.

Wayne Stahle - let me know.

Jerry and Son, just let me know w/ or w/out plates, and I'll remove the 1/8" per side from what you gave me.

Mulder - you too.

English - Deadline is 5pm today!
    Last edited by GlennCMC70; 10-25-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey_SS View Post
    Well said. I completely agree and will actually take it a step further - Very few people are able to actively race for more than a few short years. Life changes fast and the majority of grassroots racers hang it up after 3-5 years for various reasons. As entertaining as it can be to get caught up in all the bitching and other drama, never lose sight of how temporary this period in your life is and how much you'll miss it when it's gone for whatever reason. We are all very fortunate to be able to do this at all.
    I guess I'm one of the exceptions to the rule after running my 7th season this year with no end in sight... At 33, I only have 50 more years to go and will still be younger than Paul Newman when he got in a DP car at the 24-hours at Daytona at the age of 84...
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...