Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Track Width Data from ECR!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Track Width Data from ECR!

For those who provided me w/ data, did you take out the thickness of the toe plates (both of them!)?
    Let me know please.

I assume all the plates are madeout of 1/16" sheet? 1/8" sheet?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    For those who provided me w/ data, did you take out the thickness of the toe plates (both of them!)?
    Let me know please.

I assume all the plates are madeout of 1/16" sheet? 1/8" sheet?
    Glenn,

I think they are .080" or .090" but someone will have to measure one I don't remember what we used to make them. I did not subtract the material thickness.

Jerry

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I took measurments to the inside of the awesome plates Jerry made.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    It's getting complicate around here... we're worried about .2" of track width but have no real idea on scale accuracy?

Never mind... it looks like it's about the same as a 10lb variation on a percent basis.

Carry on... nothing to see here.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I measured the plates at 1/8" each. My front track width is 72.75 w/ .25" removed for the plates to 72.5", running 3/8" spacer per side. If anyone ever sees me running more spacer than that I am illegal. ;^)
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    It's getting complicate around here... we're worried about .2" of track width but have no real idea on scale accuracy?

Never mind... it looks like it's about the same as a 10lb variation on a percent basis.

Carry on... nothing to see here.
    DUDE... you're not used to it yet????....

Glad I'm out... nice to just watch and not deal with all the bullsh!t...

What happened to the "rolling eyes" icon?????

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    LOL..,. where do you measure??? top of the tire??? center line of the hub??? bottom of the tire??? front of the tire or rear or the average of the two?? If you run an "alternate" tire do you have to adjust your suspension because Toyo can't provide the spec tire???... How much air was in when you measured???.. is it pre race or post race???... hotter tires stand taller and skinner due to higher pressures... with or with out the driver??? What were your camber settings?? do you have to go back through tech if you change the camber??

The main thing is you better know the thickness of the tow plate if you measure to the outside...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27 View Post
    LOL..,. where do you measure??? top of the tire??? center line of the hub??? bottom of the tire??? front of the tire or rear or the average of the two?? If you run an "alternate" tire do you have to adjust your suspension because Toyo can't provide the spec tire???... How much air was in when you measured???.. is it pre race or post race???... hotter tires stand taller and skinner due to higher pressures... with or with out the driver??? What were your camber settings?? do you have to go back through tech if you change the camber??

The main thing is you better know the thickness of the tow plate if you measure to the outside...
    I'm glad I'm not out. This is the most fun I ever had and I have never even won a race (may not ever).

I wish you were still running with us David!

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar

8.3 Fenders / Quarter Panels
    Track width will be measured using two metal plates similar to the Longacre #7950 toe plates placed flush against the tire. Measurements will be taken three inches from the ground at the front and rear of the tire and averaged to calculate final track width.
    Seems pretty well layed out. Don't know what an "alternate" tire is, pretty sure there's a rule in there saying we are running RA1's. Are you seriously saying that hot vs cold will give any measurable (with a TAPEMEASURE!) difference? Really?

I have no problem with Glenn's legitimate question. For all he knows, we could have used a 1" bit of wood to measure.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Glad I'm out... nice to just watch and not deal with all the bullsh!t...
    I AM going to say this "out loud"...

For me, one of the best things about this group is watching the Father/Son teams interact. All of you that have the ability to enjoy that time, do not take it for granted.

David, if this is the greatest amount of crap I have to deal with fine. If this is more crap than YOU can deal with, then just come out on Saturday nights and have a beer on me.

I see this as a reasonable step to continue to maintain parity with the vehicles. I'm comfortable being a mid-pack slacker knowing it's probably the driver and not the platform.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!