Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Track Width Data from ECR!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    Guys, I need wheels size. No offset's. Just diameter and width.
    I can't imagine how this is of any value without the offset, but 16x8. And I have some spacers in the back but I'm not sure about the thickness.
    -Wayne
    -CMC #85

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wade's Avatar
    Our measurements that were give to Glenn for the teal car, Gary's car, and my car were all including the plate thickness. Take off 5/16" from the numbers I gave you for the pair of plates. Teal car was on 16x8's, Gary's car on GTA's, and my car on '99 Gt wheels, 17x8's. Let me know if you need clarification on anything.
    '86 Mustang Coupe - CMC2 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    I have it out for anyone or anyone or any car that has pushed past the limits of the rules. It is no secret that Jeff exploited more than one loophole.

Call me please. I have some info about the car for you.
    There is a BIG difference between "past the limits of the rules" and exploiting a loophole... One is a violation, the other is just being advantagous. EVERYONE has the right to take advantage of a loophole...

Our car has been open and available to anyone who wants to inspect it, ANYONE. If someone thinks we are cheaters then put your money where your mouth is.. PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!

Glenn, if you have information about our car, POST IT... I'm not scared... I have offered to remedy any violation of the rules but no one has given me a "fix it ticket" yet...

Seems like ever since I moved from the 27 car to the 3 car, all of the credit has been given to the car and not the driver.. as if "if David Love is that fast, the car must be illegal"... just sayin...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Guys, I need wheels size. No offset's. Just diameter and width.
    4 stock salad shooters for the #39
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27 View Post
    Seems like ever since I moved from the 27 car to the 3 car, all of the credit has been given to the car and not the driver.. as if "if David Love is that fast, the car must be illegal"... just sayin...
    David you are dead wrong about this. I never heard anyone say anything like this about you. Do you not remember this group getting together to buy you a set of tires so you could race with us? WE WANT YOU ON TRACK WITH US! I don't know what drove you away but none of us want you gone (not even Glenn). Get the car up to CMC (CMC2) specs and come race with us. No one is out to get you.

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    David you are dead wrong about this. I never heard anyone say anything like this about you. Do you not remember this group getting together to buy you a set of tires so you could race with us? WE WANT YOU ON TRACK WITH US! I don't know what drove you away but none of us want you gone (not even Glenn). Get the car up to CMC (CMC2) specs and come race with us. No one is out to get you.

JJ
    I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT, NEVER!!! I keep a picture of that day in my Data book...

Overall, there is not a better bunch of gentleman in the world...

Just sick and tired of the focus on the 3 car... I have done VERY LITTLE to the car since I bought it and it has passed National Tech in 2009 and Regional Tech for the last 2 years. If someone KNOWS that there is something ILLEGAL with that car, then they should be held accountable...

ON THREAD:

91 Camaro
    Stock spindles
    Baer hubs (off the shelf)
    GM rotors
    Stock GM GTA rims 16 X 8
    Toyo RA1s
    Track width 73.4375 (73.7/16") measured 2" off the ground
    No Spacers

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post

JJ
    Jerry is right. I never heard anyone say such things.
    Get w/ Jason, I filled him in already.

Blog Entries
    ON THREAD:

91 Camaro
    Stock spindles
    Baer hubs (off the shelf)
    GM rotors
    Stock GM GTA rims 16 X 8
    Toyo RA1s
    Track width 73.4375 (73.7/16") measured 2" off the ground
    No Spacers
    Thanks for the data, but you didn't need to do this. I just needed feedback from the folks we worked w/ at ECR.
    To learn how to measure this the way it will be checked, see the AI rule on trackwidth.

Blog Entries
    I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT, NEVER!!! I keep a picture of that day in my Data book...

Overall, there is not a better bunch of gentleman in the world...

Just sick and tired of the focus on the 3 car... I have done VERY LITTLE to the car since I bought it and it has passed National Tech in 2009 and Regional Tech for the last 2 years. If someone KNOWS that there is something ILLEGAL with that car, then they should be held accountable...
    Hold me accountable.
    Contact Al Fernandez and then JWL and Jerry K. along w/ Ryan Flarity at NASA HQ.