Since I'm the guinea pig of our team, I disassembled and cleaned my first hub and I think it might be FUBAR'd for a couple of reasons.

The hubs I am trying this on are used OEM Ford units of unknown mileage that came on the set of used '94-'95 GT spindles we purchased.

First potential issue: The back cover was super easy to remove with the special CMC Parts tool. As I was wiping a little bit of the grease out before popping the bearing and seal out, I noticed a very small piece of fibrous stuff. I think it is a small piece of the inner lip of one of the plastic races that was missing and had gotten all smashed up with the bearings. There is a small piece of this thin inner lip missing on each of the races and each one is also cracked and detached from the rest of the race for about 1/3 of the circumference around each race. I'm not sure this thin lip is doing anything, but I'm not sure I want to go ahead and reuse it either. I'm wondering if I should trim the rest of the somewhat detached portion off and go ahead and use it, or if should I give up now and get a set of new hubs to re-grease?

Second potential issue: The seal required a little more effort than it should have to remove, probably because it is a used hub, and I also made the mistake of prying up from underneath the seal instead of from underneath the bearing race. I ended up putting a bit of a wave in the seal. I am not confident I can straighten it out. Again, should I give up now and get a set of new hubs, or should I expend the effort to try to flatten the seal and reuse it?

I'm going to make my teammate Dave do the second one with whatever small amount of guidance I can give him after doing the first one. I guess if he has any issues with the second hub, we'll be buying a new pair anyway.

The next thing we'll practice is drilling the hubs out for the ARP studs.