[QUOTE=GlennCMC70;56981]I'll take a stab at this...

Al's post on the National site is a result of some of the SN-95 guys saying the track limit for them sets the tires outside the fenders. Since this should not be possible if the numbers came from a "legal" car, we have to take a "time-out". So some time is being taken to see if this is true, and how these numbers came to be. It is possible we could revert back to the old rule for a short time until we get this worked out.

QUOTE]

I am trying to get a hold of Al reference this. I sent him a text today since I dont know his work schedule for him to call me. I have some rear spacers that will put me .25 (73.25) inches UNDER the max track width and they look like they will be outside of the fenders. I am at 72.5" in the front (73.25 max)and am just inside the fenders there. I would like for Al to come look at my car as it sits and let me know what the verdict is since my car is unmodified in any way in the rear so its as "legal" as it gets. Im not gonna be pleased if I get told to ditch the new spacers for penny on the dollar on eBay or worse yet cut down my rear wheel studs to make it all fit and then be told the same. I like the rule as it is where there is a hard number that is easily enforceable. I even bought spacers with the intent to give myself lots of leeway under the limit, and I held off on those all year since a track width rule was coming. I want to build my car to the limit but I prefer to only buy stuff once. If this changes it just teaches me not to touch anything when the rules come out I guess. I waste enough on this car already without building to a rule that is about to be changed one month after being implemented.

For all to see- The rear axle measurement on my 96 SN-95 car is 70" on the Longacre toe plates with MB Comp 17x9 wheels 275 RA1's. I purchased 45mm (3.5" total combined) to get to my measurements now. I am hoping that by giving exact measurements I can get some clarification on this before I waste any more money. Please let us know what the other cars measurements were. If you nly measured SN99 they have different bodywork than us which should have been taken into account.

Sorry for the rant but after dropping about 400 bucks to get renewed and entered for MSRH the last thing I want to find out is that my spacers are illegal now and I have 2.5 inch more track width in the front than in the rear.