Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Austin area dyno day

Senior Member Grass-Passer y5e06's Avatar
    you can only tell definitively by measuring back to back w/o other variables unchanged or if you know the rotational moment of interia on one combo vs. another. anything else is just guessing.
    but as marshal said, when you spin out on the track stick your arms out the window to go faster....

anyway, about ready for tomorrow. trailer is hooked up and i think i have the car done. checking trailer brakes and bearings tonight as its been sitting since Hallett.
    Last edited by y5e06; 01-13-2012 at 04:23 PM.
    Dust Collector

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm out. Not worth it to have the rules police make me go dyno again later. Have fun.

Thanks anyway Chuck.

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer Casey_SS's Avatar
    Crap...sorry to hear that Jerry. I understand why though...don't blame you a bit. So we're back down to three confirmed? Morgan, Chuck, and me...is that right? I called ProTech again today just to make sure they're ready for us and they confirmed everything. With only 3 cars we should have plenty of time to make adjustments and what-not.

Car's ready and about to go on the trailer. Just need to print my dyno sheet, pack tools, laptop, restrictor plates, etc. See you guys bright and early
    2012 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #29

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    SO if I'm good with the 16's I should show less power with the 17's?

JJ
    Assuming your 16's equivalent weight (or lighter) than the 17's, then yes. And... we are only talking about rear tires here. You can bring out yO bLiNg 24" front rimz for dramatic effect in the front!!
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I'm out. Not worth it to have the rules police make me go dyno again later. Have fun.
    Sorry. I wasn't trying to cause problems. The effect should be small. I was just making sure you weren't going to try to run within 10 lbs of those numbers, think something was wrong with your car, or bad mouth the dyno because it was off...

If you wan't you can borrow my dyno tires. They are loaded with a slurry of pea gravel and that green tire slime stuff. They came out about 95 lbs. each and look identical to my race wheels. They're a good insurance policy if your hood gets sealed...

:-)

Actually, you could look up Donovan. I don't think he checks in here much anymore but he might be able to help.

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm scheduled to hit the dyno at Protech at 9:30 AM tomorrow.

JJ