Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who have instructed or given rides ...

Member Rookie
    Pretty sure that I had someone at Hallet so no passengers in TT. Then we looked it up and you can have passengers just no points for that session.

Something alonf those lines anyway.

Oh and I had a TTer ask me if I wanted a ride. Didnt have time so I didnt take him up on that one.

kyle
    1984 mustang. getting back into CMC.
    Looking for another Fox Saleen

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Like I said, many believe passengers aren't allowed in HPDE or TT and don't actually want to look up the relevant sections of the rule books...

CCR section 4.6 and TT rules section 8 (15.4 for Nationals).

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    I love the hand holding... very sweet touch.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    Ricardo Patrese did the same thing with his wife a few years ago. She was as thrilled about it as Joao's wife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpo8RDyOEWY

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    CCR 4.6 covers HPDE1-4, sure. If you flip through the TT rules you'll find several mentions of passengers but the most important one is that it's at the discretion of regional leadership as to which sessions may have passengers (if any) - "Note: Passengers are permitted in some regional event competition sessions.". As long as DE4 is dumped on top of TT we'll be allowing passengers in TT as well - any session that has DE4 running with us is kosher. Mainly because the only distinction between DE4 and TT when running in the same session is if the car as a transponder running or not... but that's a rant best aimed elsewhere.

Once they're separated out in their own group or put with DE3 or whatever, or if its a weekend like Hallett where there is no HPDE offered, and it becomes a pure competition session I'll let you guess which session will have passengers permitted.

Now if you will let me ride along in Mosty's CMC car during one of the inverts then yeehaw lets let anybody who is brave enough ride with whomever they want in whatever session they wish!
    Last edited by kbrewmr2; 02-07-2012 at 12:42 PM.
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Grass-Passer edrock96GT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrewmr2 View Post

... then yeehaw lets let anybody who is brave enough ride with whomever they want in whatever session they wish!
    This.
    Eddie Rock

#21 AI '96 GT

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrewmr2 View Post
    Now if you will let me ride along in Mosty's CMC car during one of the inverts then yeehaw lets let anybody who is brave enough ride with whomever they want in whatever session they wish!
    You might have a different opinion on that had you been in the car for race 2...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer Crumpacker's Avatar
    I wonder if anyone would run away laughing/crying after a CMC invert ride along..? I could see someone melting out of the car and kissing the ground after the race.

BTW, I LOVE giving ride alongs. Petty bar ruins the creamsicles ride along capabilities though. Doesn't stop me from taking students out in their cars (R8, 997 911 turbo, C4S, etc) or stealing other instructors cars! Played in a Cayman last weekend.

Sam Crumpacker
    CMC #54 - '94 Creamsicle

"Group D, Drama, to grid.."

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I saw this last year at the local dirt track where they had a class that allowed passengers during a race. I thought that was pretty crazy....but I bet a ride in a CMC car during an invert would be really crazy.

I have carried passengers in my street car at MSRC before with similiar reactions as Jauo's wife going through ricoshet.

Senior Member Rookie
    I vote for a Charity race which all racers have to have a passenger...I think it would be a blast!! (but it should be after April so I can ride)
    ~Darcie