Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for new seat...whaddya think??

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Through the bottom. I use (4) 1/4" bolts w/ large fender washers. Mounts are fab'ed 1" square tube (1/8" wall) welded to the floor w/ weld-in threaded inserts. Seat is adjustable in 2" increments as the inserts are weled in every 2 inches. Has about a 8-10" range.
    I have used the very same seat since the start of 2005 and have had zero issues w/ the way it is mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    I have used the very same seat since the start of 2005 and have had zero issues w/ the way it is mounted.
    Yeah, but you've never landed on a tire wall. Think I'll double the tubing AND bold sizes

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFirePony View Post
    Yeah, but you've never landed on a tire wall. Think I'll double the tubing AND bold sizes
    And you never caught a Mustang w/ your right front.

LG Motorsports used #10 machine screws to hold thier Kirkey's in place in the World Challenge C5's.
    The bolts are there to hold the seat, not you. The belts hold you to the floor and the cross bar. Have a good seatback brace and all will be fine. But hey, use what you feel will be OK for you.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    And you never caught a Mustang w/ your right front.

LG Motorsports used #10 machine screws to hold thier Kirkey's in place in the World Challenge C5's.
    The bolts are there to hold the seat, not you. The belts hold you to the floor and the cross bar. Have a good seatback brace and all will be fine. But hey, use what you feel will be OK for you.
    Glenn...it was a joke brother (although I can't spell apparently). Man, I am 0-2 with you lately. How many smiley faces = joke?

The setup Glenn describes is my favorite. Gives you plenty of adjustment range and the seat is solid and low. Plus a piece of square tubing and some weld-serts are just about free.
    Al Fernandez

Yep. That was pretty much what I was planning - it seemed fairly simple so glad it has a AI/CMC seal of approval. I've got a good seat back brace around here somewhere.