Thread: CMC and header wrap on exhaust manifolds - not legal.

Hybrid View

DANG!

Is everybody familiar with "The Butterfly Effect"? ...not the movie necessarily, but more in general as it relates to chaos theory and meteorology? I think I just witnessed it here. Apparently, I can ask questions about headers on the National CMC forum and it leads to a shit-storm in Texas, while I can ask similar questions about breather catch tanks and it doesn't even ripple the pond.

I wanted to come here and apologize to anyone who received any grief from the trickle-down.

I wish all regions with CMC racers were as well represented on the National CMC forum as Texas and a couple other regions.

Fun times racing, drinking beer, and hanging out at the track can't come soon enough.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHISSTC View Post
    DANG!

Is everybody familiar with "The Butterfly Effect"? ...not the movie necessarily, but more in general as it relates to chaos theory and meteorology? I think I just witnessed it here. Apparently, I can ask questions about headers on the National CMC forum and it leads to a shit-storm in Texas, while I can ask similar questions about breather catch tanks and it doesn't even ripple the pond.

I wanted to come here and apologize to anyone who received any grief from the trickle-down.

I wish all regions with CMC racers were as well represented on the National CMC forum as Texas and a couple other regions.

Fun times racing, drinking beer, and hanging out at the track can't come soon enough.

Oh yeah ... at the track we're all best of friends.

Once away from the track, accusations, back-stabbing, finger-pointing, rumor-mongoring is the norm.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MHISSTC View Post
    DANG!

A similare thing happened when I posted a thread just like this one here stating Maximum Motorsports upper rear shock mounts were not CMC legal - total cluster. Since I didn't do the same w/ the catch can (since the rules will be clarified to allow it), you got a different result.

I understand anyone not agreeing with anyone else's opinion, but I cant pass up the opportunity to point out a few things from my perspective here to enable other competitors and would be competitors to base their own opinions.

A driver's intent in no way excuses their responsibility for the results of their actions. A punt with damage gets a DQ and a suspension per the CCR, even first offense ever. Out of class contact adds probation per Texas existing standards as communicated to every RD. Whomever was involved in that decision was following the exact expectations of NASA. There is not one but two appeal stages any driver can employ if they disagree with any decision of an official.

Jason's DQ was droppable as per CMC rules. It ended up having no impact on Jason's season total because he DNS'd 16 races, so he had far more 0s than drops.

All that said, I really wish you'd find a way to bury the hatchet David and just come to the track and enjoy being with your racing family. I've even got some cold beers and a bit of bourbon for you when you decide to.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
    I understand anyone not agreeing with anyone else's opinion, but I cant pass up the opportunity to point out a few things from my perspective here to enable other competitors and would be competitors to base their own opinions.

A driver's intent in no way excuses their responsibility for the results of their actions. A punt with damage gets a DQ and a suspension per the CCR, even first offense ever. Out of class contact adds probation per Texas existing standards as communicated to every RD. Whomever was involved in that decision was following the exact expectations of NASA. There is not one but two appeal stages any driver can employ if they disagree with any decision of an official.

Jason's DQ was droppable as per CMC rules. It ended up having no impact on Jason's season total because he DNS'd 16 races, so he had far more 0s than drops.

All that said, I really wish you'd find a way to bury the hatchet David and just come to the track and enjoy being with your racing family. I've even got some cold beers and a bit of bourbon for you when you decide to.
    Thanks Al...
    I understand... my rants were misguided... sorry. I had a plan for Jason to be the last CMC1 Champion in Texas even if he would have been the only car running. After the Houston event I feel like he was strong armed into CMC2 (not a rant, just my opinion). We had a blast running mid-pack of the CMC2 field for 2010 in CMC1 and had very minor issues. No big deal, sorry.

I don't like my car being anyones target, period. I am not an idiot, I, like everyone else, had concerns about the car, so I asked. DONE!

There are other issues that I'm not getting into. Hatchet is burried

I AM at the track, usually, twice a month... and having a blast... it is good to be back.