Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: TWS Friday Enduro

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Very cool. We can manage all that. Rules say that you need a 5 lb fire ext, 5 lb oil absorbent, catch pan for refueling, and 2 gals water in each pit. I have all of that for one pit. We can use one pit, but only refuel one car at a time. Good thing.
    I would suggest that we get at least 2 pits together. So whoever gets there early may want to get a couple of pits.
    You can refuel and change drivers but no other work is allowed while refueling.
    Where is Mitch when you need him?
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Rules are on the NASA Pro Racing web site, under Rules.
    Randy English
    CMC #77 Camaro

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rleng1 View Post
    Very cool. We can manage all that. Rules say that you need a 5 lb fire ext, 5 lb oil absorbent, catch pan for refueling, and 2 gals water in each pit. I have all of that for one pit. We can use one pit, but only refuel one car at a time. Good thing.
    I would suggest that we get at least 2 pits together. So whoever gets there early may want to get a couple of pits.

Thanks Randy. We will need to pit together. I will be leaving Georgetown around 8 tomorrow. Is there anything else that we need that I can provide?
    What about a pad to soak up the spilled fuel? I know Glenn used something like this in the past. I will be glad to get one if we need it.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    I have a bunch of old carpet... I'll bring enough for everybody..

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27 View Post
    I have a bunch of old carpet... I'll bring enough for everybody..
    Thanks Dave.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rleng1 View Post
    Yeah Mitch? Since I'm arriving during the Enduro and taking the last stint in Randy's car I could use Mitch to valet my rig upon my arrival, get the car unloaded and swap the front shocks/springs.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

I have a metal oil pan lined with oil absorbent material for re-fueling. I think I'm going to dress leinert up as an old time gas station attendent attire where you run over a bell hose, and he comes running out and cleans your windshield.
    Definelty need to coordinate pit stops.
    jerry, you got radios?
    Randy English
    CMC #77 Camaro