Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Enduro

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Congrats to the AI/CMC enduro kings!
    I won my class and 6th overall... had a tire break the belts at 30 min in... happened when I shifted to 5th at S/F... thought I lost a u-joint or transmission... came in through the EV station at T3.... found out that I also forgot to put on my radiator cap... got back out and turned some pretty good laps untill the black flag... then everyone pointed out that I had and oil leak it was a steady drip but was burning off on the cross pipe when I was driving so I topped it off and finished off the last 3 or 4 laps... Topped off the tank with 1 to go so I would make weight... Thanks to everyone who helped especially Mike P for the extra ballast... it was only 3 hours but it kicked this old man's butt...

Senior Member Grass-Passer Crumpacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    We also had a flat and changed it in the garage. The 888's were so bad that after they got hot 2:11 to 2:12 was a normal lap (Sam had a few faster after we put on one RA1)
    If you yearn for the worst handling set-up in history, try this:

RF - 5yr old 888
    LF - 5yr old 888
    RR - newer, shaved RA1
    LR - 5yr old 888

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Jay and I were over 10 seconds a lap faster on old RA1's. I knew the 888 was bad but 10 seconds a lap?
    Good lesson on the benefit of fresh tires... one set of R-comps to another - 10 SECONDS!
    Sam Crumpacker
    CMC #54 - '94 Creamsicle

"Group D, Drama, to grid.."