Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyo Source?

Senior Member Grass-Passer y5e06's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonNW View Post
    I need a set of drys for Hallett. I thought I would buy the 2 from you, 2-3 new ones from Chicane23 and have them all shaved. Chicane's tire shaver will not take even unused tires for shaving. I've never heard of that.
    they can't guarantee the condition of tires originally outside of their control, i.e. dirt, rocks, contamination etc which would really screw up their tool & blades.
    Dust Collector

We shave used tires. Granted they must be clean, but we do it.....and most come out very good. But that depends on the operator...

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I took the easy way out and ordered from Tire Rack. I am not impressed with the shaving, they seem to have cut the corner of the tire off trying to follow the contour of the original thread. Do these look a little thin about 1/2" in from the very edge?

-Wayne
    -CMC #85

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    I took the easy way out and ordered from Tire Rack. I am not impressed with the shaving, they seem to have cut the corner of the tire off trying to follow the contour of the original thread. Do these look a little thin about 1/2" in from the very edge?

Yes Wayne... they do follow the contour... the shoulders are fairly thick to beginwith

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar

Dang, those look pretty thin all over!!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Grass-Passer y5e06's Avatar
    I got mine last week from JG (drop shipped from the supplier). the shave job looks great! I'm quite happy with mine. They did them at 5/32 as per request with no issues.
    First time in a decade I had tires show up in BOXES.
    go local.
    Dust Collector

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    Got mine from JG last week too. Very happy as well. Only needed/ordered one tire for now, will get the other three from him after I get my 2012 Championship Toyo bucks. :-D

I've got mine from Boudy, JG, Appalachian Tire, Phil's, Parker (Tommy S) x2, and now back to JG. Gotta spread out the love.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Ordered mine from JG on Monday or Tuesday and the showed up Friday and look great. It will be a pity for the 55 to be in my rear view except to get passed on the inverts.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Ordered mine from JG on Monday or Tuesday and the showed up Friday and look great. It will be a pity for the 55 to be in my rear view except to get passed on the inverts.
    Bring it big boy.

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    I'll just continue with Patterson's scuffs.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro