Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Toyo Source?

Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27 View Post
    Yes Wayne... they do follow the contour... the shoulders are fairly thick to beginwith

This not the way to shave a RA-1. First off you have to know what kind of vehicle you are shaving for, i.e, Miata or Mustangs, Camaro's E30's etc. This is the difference between someone who is shaving the tire and knowing the series, the car, and the tire, etc etc. or someone doing a 9-5 job.......

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    I have ordered the last three times from TiresDirect.net. They are consistently cheaper than ToyosOnly or Appalachian Race Tire, the only two other places I got quotes from last month. They do a good job shaving the tires as well.
    Tiresdirect.net / Cassidy Tire has sponsored my CMC car for the last three years. Most of the local CMC guys as well as many of the other TOYO Spec drivers have begun purchasing their tires from them. I believe they are one of the biggest TOYO dealers in the country. They specifically had their tire shaver learn how to shave from Vilven. Because of the volume of tires they sell, their prices are some of the lowest on the market. They ship and also are authorized to accept TOYO Bucks. Plus, if I am headed to the track, I will always deliver tires and save you some shipping costs. Anyone interested in tires call my brother-in-law Bill at 312-543-6328.

Please be sure to mention me. I am trying to get some perks worked out from them for CMC. The more tires I can point out that were bought, the better the argument I have for them.

Robert Salus
    #24 Camaro Mustang Challenge - NASA Midwest

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by wastntim View Post
    Tiresdirect.net / Cassidy Tire has sponsored my CMC car for the last three years. Most of the local CMC guys as well as many of the other TOYO Spec drivers have begun purchasing their tires from them. I believe they are one of the biggest TOYO dealers in the country. They specifically had their tire shaver learn how to shave from Vilven. Because of the volume of tires they sell, their prices are some of the lowest on the market. They ship and also are authorized to accept TOYO Bucks. Plus, if I am headed to the track, I will always deliver tires and save you some shipping costs. Anyone interested in tires call my brother-in-law Bill at 312-543-6328.

Please be sure to mention me. I am trying to get some perks worked out from them for CMC. The more tires I can point out that were bought, the better the argument I have for them.

Robert Salus
    I have been dealing with Bill for two years now... pleased with the pricing and shave...

Robert Salus

We are one of the largest tire Toyo Motorsports dealers in the country, but that is neither here nor there. The important thing is for the drivers to support the dealers that GO TO THE TRACK and service them first hand. Anybody can sell the tires from a central location, but take your show on the road and work with the drivers, that's what it's all about.

Quote Originally Posted by philstireservice View Post
    We are one of the largest tire Toyo Motorsports dealers in the country, but that is neither here nor there. The important thing is for the drivers to support the dealers that GO TO THE TRACK and service them first hand. Anybody can sell the tires from a central location, but take your show on the road and work with the drivers, that's what it's all about.
    I was not trying to cause any type of conflict. I was simply letting people know of a source for quality shaved tires that can accept their TOYO bucks. If the local guys can accept TOYO bucks and can provide the same quality shaving and service at a comparable price, then I would think racer's would support the vendors that support them.
    Robert Salus
    #24 Camaro Mustange Challenge
    Sponsors: TiresDirect.net , Cassidy Tire & Service & CTW Motorsports
    Facebook Page: Heavy Impact Motorsports

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    With all the talk about Toyo's. What is the best way to heat cycle a fresh set? How many laps should be run and how hard should they be run?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Grass-Passer edrock96GT's Avatar
    Put them on your daily driver, then drive up and down the nearest freeway for 15 or 20 minutes. Do a few launches from stoplights while you're out and about.
    Eddie Rock

#21 AI '96 GT

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    With all the talk about Toyo's. What is the best way to heat cycle a fresh set? How many laps should be run and how hard should they be run?
    I would try to limit the time to about 15 minutes on track, then let them sit for 24 hours. Run them hard but don't try to rip them off the wheels.
    Robert Salus
    #24 Camaro Mustange Challenge
    Sponsors: TiresDirect.net , Cassidy Tire & Service & CTW Motorsports
    Facebook Page: Heavy Impact Motorsports

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Run them hard but don't try to rip them off the wheels.
    That won't be a problem for Bryan!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

I would try to limit the time to about 15 minutes on track, then let them sit for 24 hours. Run them hard but don't try to rip them off the wheels.

This is just about right. Get them close to operating temp (which you can do by and not ripping them off the wheels - I like that saying, I'm going to use that..., but I'm going add one of the most important steps that no one does, much less is told. When you come in off the track, jack the car up or take the wheels off the car and cover them while they are hot. Use a heavy blanket, sleeping bag, thermal blanket, anything that will keep the heat in them and let them cool slowly (it takes about 3 hours), so they return to ambient temp. This is probably the most important step in heat cycling any tire ( well not ripping them off the wheels is very important to ....