Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do I need to take to hallett?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien View Post
    Actually, I don't think he could do the Friday at Hallett. Don't you have to be a licensed racer to do their t-n-t? I know I haven't done a practice day there in a few years, but I seem to remember them requiring full gear too.
    I know Gary is correct about the full gear.

JJ

Go to hallett anyway. Hitch a ride with someone that's already towing their car, like Francis or myself. Its so completely worth it, especially with all the guys that come down from the rockies and great lakes.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Your best bet is to skip Hallet (unless you hitch a ride up there to hang out) get with Proctor and Mosty and work on moving up the HPDE ladder ASAP. There is a nice NASA HPDE/TT event coming up this weekend in Houston down at GSS, and as mentioned, another HPDE/TT event up in Austin on 6/30 before NASA breaks for the summer. These two events are non-race, HPDE/TT only events, which should translate to less cars on track and an easier environment to deal with learn. Probably a good idea to get started here then work on getting comfortable with the car at other events before we pick back up in October; that's my plan.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Your best bet is to skip Hallet (unless you hitch a ride up there to hang out) get with Proctor and Mosty and work on moving up the HPDE ladder ASAP. There is a nice NASA HPDE/TT event coming up this weekend in Houston down at GSS, and as mentioned, another HPDE/TT event up in Austin on 6/30 before NASA breaks for the summer. These two events are non-race, HPDE/TT only events, which should translate to less cars on track and an easier environment to deal with learn. Probably a good idea to get started here then work on getting comfortable with the car at other events before we pick back up in October; that's my plan.
    Pranav is correct... this will speed up your curve to going racing by hitting these two events.

Hit those two events for sure for the track time, but you gotta go to hallett... to hang with the AI/CMC crowd
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wade's Avatar
    Pro tip.. Attend these two events, don't hit anything until after you get your license ;-p Don't listen to Proctor and Al.
    '86 Mustang Coupe - CMC2 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Pro tip.. Attend these two events, don't hit anything until after you get your license ;-p Don't listen to Proctor and Al.
    Very good point... if you plan to race soon... DO NOT HIT ANYTHING, until after you have that license in hand.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    Very good point... if you plan to race soon... DO NOT HIT ANYTHING, until after you have that license in hand.
    What happened to practice makes perfect???

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    DO NOT HIT ANYTHING
    Or get hit... it's easier, less messy, and no paperwork.

As much fun as Hallett is... go get the seat time. ((Psst... there's another Hallett race in the fall))
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!