Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: US Grand Prix in Austin - Tickets

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Michael and I are already in for the GA tix for V8 Supercars...
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Quote Originally Posted by kbrewmr2 View Post
    licensing with SCCA is going to be a little sticky with that - I've looked into it. Basically NASA license converts to novice regional license, need 4 regionals to convert up to a national license and THEN you could run the March COTA race with them. $$$ by the time you get through all that, so I'm reconsidering...
    Well I held an SCCA comp license and hoping I can get my SCCA instructor to pull some strings...worst case I'll just mug one of the other drivers.

I kid I kid.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wirtz's Avatar
    licensing with SCCA is going to be a little sticky with that - I've looked into it. Basically NASA license converts to novice regional license, need 4 regionals to convert up to a national license and THEN you could run the March COTA race with them. $$$ by the time you get through all that, so I'm reconsidering...
    I don't THINK it will be that bad. I saw SCCA honors the NASA license. The event I thought was being billed as a Double Regional, which is how they used to run the 3 day weekend at TMS a few years ago.. And you can provide your racing resume if you are completely new to SCCA. But like many things, it might come down to who is in charge and their attitude... Hopefully it is a non issue, I'm waiting for the announcement that CMC / AI will be the warm up race for the Supercar weekend

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFirePony View Post
    Well I held an SCCA comp license and hoping I can get my SCCA instructor to pull some strings...worst case I'll just mug one of the other drivers..
    A National license or regional?

The regional is no big deal but they make a BIG fuss about this National crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirtz View Post
    I don't THINK it will be that bad. I saw SCCA honors the NASA license. The event I thought was being billed as a Double Regional, which is how they used to run the 3 day weekend at TMS a few years ago.. And you can provide your racing resume if you are completely new to SCCA. But like many things, it might come down to who is in charge and their attitude... Hopefully it is a non issue, I'm waiting for the announcement that CMC / AI will be the warm up race for the Supercar weekend
    This was direct from the licensing contact I was given for MSR-H / whatever region that is. They're happy to give me a provisional REGIONAL license with NASA stuff, but have to work on the National. Need the National for a National Race at COTA.

Currently looking at what work-around I'd need to do for just the Thurs & Fri test days... otherwise I'll find a DE to attend instead.
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

[QUOTE=kbrewmr2;61364]
    This was direct from the licensing contact I was given for MSR-H / whatever region that is. They're happy to give me a provisional REGIONAL license with NASA stuff, but have to work on the National. Need the National for a National Race at COTA.
    QUOTE]
    If they make it a Rational you'd be OK with a regional license.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    [QUOTE=BlueFirePony;61365]
    QUOTE]
    If they make it a Rational you'd be OK with a regional license.
    If anyone is following up on this I need some info... I am super busy working out-of-town and I don't have time or contacts to get the details...

I have been offered a SU class Z06 to drive in this event, any help with obtaining a comp license would be much appreciated...

I can be reached at 281-414-1738, dlove21261@aol.com, david@FDRServices.com

David - I've been given a different contact higher up the food chain. We'll see if I get anywhere with 'em. If so I'll send over what I know

as part of this I was working up a driving resume and figured out through MyLaps data I've driven in 335 sessions between racing & time trials... no banged up cars, nobody hurt, and in all but one no rules broken... that outta be good enough but we'll see.
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How bout taking a ride at COTA? A grand for three laps!

http://racelandadventure.com/Ride-Dr...m_medium=email

I will take you for half that in a new Cadillac on Dec. 7th. A day that will live in infamy by the way when CMC invades Cadillac.

JJ
    Last edited by ShadowBolt; 11-06-2012 at 04:34 PM.

I'm very tempted to come spectate for the CMC day at the Caddy arrive-n-drive...

BTW - got approved for the licenses I need for the S.Club weekend at COTA. Happy Birthday to me....

Is there a list of where everyone (that's actually going) is sitting? If not, lets start one.