Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Why can't a Mustang run a torque arm?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    Not saying the old CMC will be back, but I wouldn't sell your car just yet.
    Mitch...you definitely should NOT sell your car. You can always take a break unitl the itch strikes again.

I keep saying I am going to take break for a while, but seem to get sucked back in every year.

Michael, why not spherical bushing on both sides of that upper arm then? Does nobody make the parts or are you running urethane on one side on purpose? What are you running on the lower arms?
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
    Michael, why not spherical bushing on both sides of that upper arm then? Does nobody make the parts or are you running urethane on one side on purpose? What are you running on the lower arms?
    You can not buy just a spherical bushing for the body side of the arm. The only way to get a spherical bushing in the body side is to get an aftermarket UCA and I think all of them are adjustable. (Not 100% sure though) Like the link below:
    http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...-Solid-Bushing

On the lower I am running the MM "Heavy duty" arms. They have spherical on the diff end and poly on the body end. MM does make an "Extreme Duty" arm that does have spherical on both ends.
    Last edited by michaelmosty; 07-18-2012 at 07:23 PM.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    You can not buy just a spherical bushing for the body side of the arm.

I seem to remember Boudy selling a spherical bearing setup for the body side of the upper arms at one point? It would be conceptually the same as the lower front control arm bushing he sold. I'm not sure if either is available anymore???

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Everyone wanted more hp, bigger brakes and more traction (CMC2).. ALL these things add stress to a stock chassis.

I believe someone mentioned AI lite... well thats where its going...

there was NOTHING wrong with CMC1... BUT NOOOOOO...

Instead of practice and improving driving skills, we work on making the car faster instead of making the driver faster...

I would love to switch cars sometime and compare lap times... Owner drives contingency races and switch for the other two..

Just sayin....

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27 View Post
    Everyone wanted more hp, bigger brakes and more traction (CMC2).. ALL these things add stress to a stock chassis.

I believe someone mentioned AI lite... well thats where its going...

there was NOTHING wrong with CMC1... BUT NOOOOOO...

Instead of practice and improving driving skills, we work on making the car faster instead of making the driver faster...

I would love to switch cars sometime and compare lap times... Owner drives contingency races and switch for the other two..

Just sayin....
    I was told of a East Coast region that is running a CMC Vintage type class. I have no details, no more facts, and names to point you to. Perhaps a revolution has started?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    I was told of a East Coast region that is running a CMC Vintage type class. I have no details, no more facts, and names to point you to. Perhaps a revolution has started?
    Instead of revolting (anymore).. I have decided to spend my efforts on my driving... My goal is to put a true CMC1 car on the podium... 2013 may be my last year to compete in CMC then I'm going back to AI in the 27 car, so its now or never

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    If a rule change would be made to allow aftermarket upper arms, you could put together a spherical bearing upper arm for about $75 from the Coleman Catalog...
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    If a rule change would be made to allow aftermarket upper arms, you could put together a spherical bearing upper arm for about $75 from the Coleman Catalog...
    If such a rule were written, is your intent to replace only the right side upper control arm with a custom arm with spherical bearings, or would you come up with something that connected a fabbed single upper arm down the centerline to some type of bracketry that tied the two body and the two axle attachment points together for potential added strength?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MHISSTC View Post
    If such a rule were written, is your intent to replace only the right side upper control arm with a custom arm with spherical bearings, or would you come up with something that connected a fabbed single upper arm down the centerline to some type of bracketry that tied the two body and the two axle attachment points together for potential added strength?
    It would take an act of God to let us run the part Marshall decribes. No way anything like this would fly. As I have said before I changed to a Poly bushing the one side (all stock) held up fine.

JJ