Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Scientific evaluation of Camaro/Mustang performance parity

Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool if we could run them all together to verify...

Richard P.
    They'll all be at Mid-Ohio on September 6th!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    They'll all be at Mid-Ohio on September 6th!
    "all"??? All of what? There are only 9 CMC cars signed up...

Richard P.

Member Rookie
    And who's fault is that? The fastest guys in CMC are registered. Those that aren't can't complain. Either get to Mid-Ohio or shut up.

Sidney

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And who's fault is that? The fastest guys in CMC are registered. Those that aren't can't complain. Either get to Mid-Ohio or shut up.

Sidney
    Write the check and I'll be there.

Sidney
    Really !? So attending the Nationals is now a requirement to have a voice or influence on the rule set! Really!???
    So the premise is that an S197 and 3 Camaro's racing at Mid-Ohio in a class of 9 cars will settle the brand parity argument being discussed regardless of regional participation - thus setting the direction of future rule changes? Excellent - no reason to actually spend any effort on these things ..... let's just let the loudest voice or the biggest wallet do it.
    That's a perfect way to resolve these things. I guess I was wrong all along - no sense in spending time actually conducting side-by-side tests of the ABS in AI and then getting feedback. Apparently you just need to show up at Nats have a beer and it's done.
    Wonder how that logic would play out if Nats finds it way to oh..say Austin for 5 years? Or California?

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Sidney, is Bob running his 3rd gen or a 4th gen?
    Glenn, not sure what great data we will get from Nationals considering the 9 cars registered consist of 2 S197's and the rest 4th gens (depending on what Bob drives).
    Hmmm.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Sidney, is Bob running his 3rd gen or a 4th gen?
    Glenn, not sure what great data we will get from Nationals considering the 9 cars registered consist of 2 S197's and the rest 4th gens (depending on what Bob drives).
    Hmmm.
    I had no idea what/who was signed up for Nats when I said that. Any data will be useless.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Dan Allford and Red Shift Racing will be there at NASA Nationals in the #82 Camaro. We've done a lot of prep work and we are extremely confident of a top ten finish...

Richard P.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFirePony View Post
    Really !? So attending the Nationals is now a requirement to have a voice or influence on the rule set! Really!???
    So the premise is that an S197 and 3 Camaro's racing at Mid-Ohio in a class of 9 cars will settle the brand parity argument being discussed regardless of regional participation - thus setting the direction of future rule changes? Excellent - no reason to actually spend any effort on these things ..... let's just let the loudest voice or the biggest wallet do it.
    That's a perfect way to resolve these things. I guess I was wrong all along - no sense in spending time actually conducting side-by-side tests of the ABS in AI and then getting feedback. Apparently you just need to show up at Nats have a beer and it's done.
    Wonder how that logic would play out if Nats finds it way to oh..say Austin for 5 years? Or California?
    Finally someone else gets it! Welcome to the light.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar

Sidney
    Sidney... You guys are fortunate that the "national" event is in your own backyard. It makes no sense for most of us to spend more money to make a single event than I do racing an entire season. Maybe the the national event will come closer to us and more of us can afford to make it.