Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Scientific evaluation of Camaro/Mustang performance parity

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx View Post

I was there twice and all that planning yielded a botched start one year and a cluster-f*^k finish the other.
    Should have run AI at miller in 2009....THAT was a cluster-f*^k!!!!!

Nats has become a consortium of spending celebration and highlighting of Pro Teams kicking the little guy's ass. In otherwords, it's no longer fun to go compete with wallets much bigger than yours. If you just want to go and experience a new track or drink beer with your racing buddies in your class....the regional events seem to handle that just fine....and for a helluva lot less $$$$.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    IMCA has a large national event every year that is way larger than NASA's. It is called the Super Nationals and it does crown a champion...but only of that race. It is huge money payout, but also huge money cost and a week of racing.

They crown an overall National champion from a national point system based on regional champion points. I am not saying it is better, but it is different. Not many organizations crown a champion from a single event.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    You can run all the Regional races you want, but none of them give you the National Title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ginsberg
    In ALL sports, the champion is the one who shows up, and bests everyone else in attendance that day/race. At a regional level, a single event weekend, down to one single race.....the best is determined by who shows up, takes the green flag, and crossed the checker first. Those that don't attend can't ever be a race winner, or champion - that is my point.

Saying a champion out of 8 drivers isn't really a champion because "the best CMC driver hasn't attended the Nationals" is disingenuous, and takes everything away from those that worked their asses off to be there.
    Darn right! We worked hard, saved hard, and did the best we could with what we had. In 2009 we met our goal of successfully competing in and finishing a Nationals event. We had the same goal in 2010, but due to a series of (un)fortunate circumstances, we were able to walk away with an unexpected 3rd place finish. Are we widely recognized as the third best CMC team in the United States? Not even close, because we're not. Were we the third best team in CMC at that moment? Yes we were. It's in the record books and no one can dispute it. I have a trophy and an immense sense of accomplishment to go with it that made all the hard work and sacrifice worthwhile. We're making Miller in 2013 our #1 priority and plan on making another go at it. We hope as many people as possible also make it a high priority.

We view our regional events as more of the "social events" as we are competing and hanging out with our friends. We do our best not to miss any of them. Any other out of state or out of region events fall further down our priority list and we will make those as resources allow. I will say that while resources are still limited, making it a team effort with more than one person contributing funds, time, and talent, has brought more events within the realm of possibility.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHISSTC View Post
    Darn right! We worked hard, saved hard, and did the best we could with what we had. In 2009 we met our goal of successfully competing in and finishing a Nationals event. We had the same goal in 2010, but due to a series of (un)fortunate circumstances, we were able to walk away with an unexpected 3rd place finish. Are we widely recognized as the third best CMC team in the United States? Not even close, because we're not. Were we the third best team in CMC at that moment? Yes we were. It's in the record books and no one can dispute it. I have a trophy and an immense sense of accomplishment to go with it that made all the hard work and sacrifice worthwhile. We're making Miller in 2013 our #1 priority and plan on making another go at it. We hope as many people as possible also make it a high priority.

We view our regional events as more of the "social events" as we are competing and hanging out with our friends. We do our best not to miss any of them. Any other out of state or out of region events fall further down our priority list and we will make those as resources allow. I will say that while resources are still limited, making it a team effort with more than one person contributing funds, time, and talent, has brought more events within the realm of possibility.
    Well stated, I agree.

Oh, and everyone calm down. I miss being at the events and seeing all my friends, having a good time, helping each other out while simultaneously trying to kick their butt on the track. That's what attracts me to the Texas AI/CMC group and is constantly pulling at me to get my act together and come back out. You can definitely tell by the tone of the threads that it has been a long time since the last regional race in Texas. Now go to Eagle's Canyon, have a big group hug, race cars, and drink beer.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe View Post
    Well stated, I agree.

Oh, and everyone calm down. I miss being at the events and seeing all my friends, having a good time, helping each other out while simultaneously trying to kick their butt on the track. That's what attracts me to the Texas AI/CMC group and is constantly pulling at me to get my act together and come back out. You can definitely tell by the tone of the threads that it has been a long time since the last regional race in Texas. Now go to Eagle's Canyon, have a big group hug, race cars, and drink beer.

Nationals is awesome. Its not for everyone, since it is such a big dollar and big spend of vacation time, but the overwhelming majority of those that have gone loved it. The best part is if it isnt for you, no big deal, just dont go and dont worry about it. Man I cant wait for ECR!!
    Al Fernandez