Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
You can run all the Regional races you want, but none of them give you the National Title.
Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ginsberg
In ALL sports, the champion is the one who shows up, and bests everyone else in attendance that day/race. At a regional level, a single event weekend, down to one single race.....the best is determined by who shows up, takes the green flag, and crossed the checker first. Those that don't attend can't ever be a race winner, or champion - that is my point.

Saying a champion out of 8 drivers isn't really a champion because "the best CMC driver hasn't attended the Nationals" is disingenuous, and takes everything away from those that worked their asses off to be there.
Darn right! We worked hard, saved hard, and did the best we could with what we had. In 2009 we met our goal of successfully competing in and finishing a Nationals event. We had the same goal in 2010, but due to a series of (un)fortunate circumstances, we were able to walk away with an unexpected 3rd place finish. Are we widely recognized as the third best CMC team in the United States? Not even close, because we're not. Were we the third best team in CMC at that moment? Yes we were. It's in the record books and no one can dispute it. I have a trophy and an immense sense of accomplishment to go with it that made all the hard work and sacrifice worthwhile. We're making Miller in 2013 our #1 priority and plan on making another go at it. We hope as many people as possible also make it a high priority.

We view our regional events as more of the "social events" as we are competing and hanging out with our friends. We do our best not to miss any of them. Any other out of state or out of region events fall further down our priority list and we will make those as resources allow. I will say that while resources are still limited, making it a team effort with more than one person contributing funds, time, and talent, has brought more events within the realm of possibility.