Thread: Transmission shop

Transmission shop

Think I'm going to have to pull my trany. Anyone know of a good shop in the Fort Worth area?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Yes. We need to chat. Remember I owned a shop a few miles from you. This is the racecar correct? What is the problem?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Texas Drivetrain Performance. Up I-35W off Heritage Trace. I know him well and have used him for years. Knows T-56 type boxes very well. Talk w/ nobody other than Jason.
    817-300-6840

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    Texas Drivetrain Performance. Up I-35W off Heritage Trace. I know him well and have used him for years. Knows T-56 type boxes very well. Talk w/ nobody other than Jason.
    817-300-6840
    I'll second this. Jason has setup rearends and fixed my transmission and does good work.

Blog Entries
    Actually you have 3 great options in FW. What is it doing and what kind of trans is in it? Is it actually a T56? I thought it was something different with the trans coolers.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Thanks for the suggestions everybody.

I decided to try it myself and I’m glad I did. I was able to lower the transmission enough to get to the bolts on top of the transmission for the housing assy and pull it out. There was nothing wrong with it.

It also didn’t look like the dealership pulled my transmission the first time either. They charged me 850 for that! F-ers!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty328 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions everybody.

I decided to try it myself and I’m glad I did. I was able to lower the transmission enough to get to the bolts on top of the transmission for the housing assy and pull it out. There was nothing wrong with it.

It also didn’t look like the dealership pulled my transmission the first time either. They charged me 850 for that! F-ers!
    Dang right they didn't pull it then. There is a reason why I call em Stealerships (sorry Kevin).
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Dang right they didn't pull it then. There is a reason why I call em Stealerships (sorry Kevin).
    There may be an argument that is fraud and deceptive trade practice. If you paid by check potentially other charges. If I really believed I was charged for work that wasn't performed, they would be throwing me out of the dealership.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    There may be an argument that is fraud and deceptive trade practice. If you paid by check potentially other charges. If I really believed I was charged for work that wasn't performed, they would be throwing me out of the dealership.
    Been there, done that... I'm not allowed on the premises of Tomball Ford... not that I want to go there...

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27 View Post
    Been there, done that... I'm not allowed on the premises of Tomball Ford... not that I want to go there...
    Tomball Ford is the sole reason my mom now drives Chevy exclusively...
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"