Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been an interesting ride ...

Hybrid View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar

Been an interesting ride ...

CMC No9 left my shop Saturday bound for a new home and a new adventure.

What surprised me was how relieved I felt and that my wife got a little choked up.
    She and I shared some special times because of that car.

Over the last few years, my heart and soul just wasn't in it.
    No matter how hard I tried and no matter how much urging I received, I was wanting it to be over.
    I thought if I shared the ride, that might help ... maybe a partial season ... or two ...

I realized it was over at TWS last year when I was looking for a hole in traffic to ride around in so that the car wouldn't get damaged any further.

I'll still stop by from time to time to stir the pot ... although that doesn't seem to be an issue.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Dang Mitch... I hate to hear she is gone.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wade's Avatar
    Sorry to see you go Mitch. I enjoyed racing with you. Always nice to know that you drove clean. I hope the group can work on improving in that area.
    '86 Mustang Coupe - CMC2 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Sorry to see you go Mitch. I enjoyed racing with you. Always nice to know that you drove clean. I hope the group can work on improving in that area.
    Wade, that means a lot to me and especially coming from a fellow I always seemed to find on track.

Some here measure their success by trophies and stickers. Those milestones are soon forgotten.

Reputation, however is a legacy.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx View Post
    CMC No9 left my shop Saturday bound for a new home and a new adventure.

What surprised me was how relieved I felt and that my wife got a little choked up.
    She and I shared some special times because of that car.

Over the last few years, my heart and soul just wasn't in it.
    No matter how hard I tried and no matter how much urging I received, I was wanting it to be over.
    I thought if I shared the ride, that might help ... maybe a partial season ... or two ...

I realized it was over at TWS last year when I was looking for a hole in traffic to ride around in so that the car wouldn't get damaged any further.

I'll still stop by from time to time to stir the pot ... although that doesn't seem to be an issue.
    I wish you were still racing the car and I wish I had your racecraft. Have missed racing with you for awhile.
    Widest car on the track when you were driving it.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    You already know I hate that you were selling your car but understand when its time to move on. Maybe you will get tired of guns and get the bug for racing again. I'll enjoy relaying the story to my wife about Debbie getting choked up and the times you shared together.

Can't thank you enough for all the help you have given me over the years and the lessons I learned from you both on/off track.

Now I'm looking forward to you serving as my new Crew Chief for 2013!!
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx View Post
    I have to admit and hate to say I was part of that creating that feeling though it was at Hallet a couple years ago.

You were always consistent in the way you expected to race and be raced and a major part of the equation I jumped in feet first.

Who knows, maybe 9a is around a corner down the road... keep the spoon handy.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer cobra132's Avatar
    Mitch, you are a class act. Its people like yourself that drew me and others to this group. Don't be a stranger. Frank

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Mitch, I owe you everything of getting me into a soundly built race car. You and Glenn took me in and really was enthusiastic about building my car.. You worked with me, and around the NASA HPDE schedule to keep me on track..The number 77 is proud to be a LAW Motorsports creation.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Sure hope to see you again at the track Mitch. I've appreciated the tons of knowledge you've communicated to me in so very few words. I said it the last time we were at the track together..."I have listened...I just need to execute". All the best!