Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2012 Nationals Update from CMC#82

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    So what day did you leave and how many miles from Houston round trip? I forgot you flew up. How many days is the minimum you need to do the trip and run all the practice and races?

JJ
    I don't know how many miles. If you want to go, you just point the truck in the correct direction and hammer it out. Last year we left Monday morning and were there and set up in time for a Tuesday afternoon dyno with only a couple of hours of sleep at a rest stop. Wednesday test day along with Thursday, Friday, Saturday racing. The CMC race was first up on Saturday. We ran the race, loaded up and headed straight through and were home by lunch on Sunday. I watched the Sunday AI race live on my computer.

This year, Dan and Craig took a bit more time to get there and headed out at noon on Sunday. They even stayed at a couple of hotels along the way but were still there in time for a Tuesday afternoon dyno. The race was on Sunday this year and we were pulled into tech so we didn't get away until after 4 in the afternoon. A little over six hours driving to a hotel in Bowling Green to wait for our plant tour appointment and then straight home after we were done. I was at work preparing for my presentation after lunch on Tuesday.

With multiple drivers, we are able to just push through and get it done. If you are by yourself, that's probably not going to work. We'll see how everything goes, but at this point we are planning on doing the same thing to Miller next year. Same distance, different direction. Still lots of fun to be had. Might as well do something cool with your life while you are waiting around to die.

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post

Might as well do something cool with your life while you are waiting around to die.

Richard P.
    Can I put that on a tee-shirt or is it copywrited?